I would do anything for help

[In...]

Hello.

My story is long and complex so I’ll try to keep it short.

I went through withdrawal from benzos, and healed 100% after 1.5 year.

Two years after I was healed I made the biggest mistake of my life, took a drug called 1,4-butanediol for a month and was back in withdrawal. This was almost 6 years ago.

4 years ago I felt healed and drank alcohol, which put me back in withdrawal.

My biggest problem is substance induced setbacks. Never had a setback from anything like stress/etc. but nearly any drug/supplement/even some foods cause acute withdrawal.

The only way I’ve been able to heal is to not take anything whatsoever, and only eat 3 foods.

I’ve recently found out I have axial psoriatic arthritis, and it’s progressing.

I’m going to need to be on meds for the rest of my life now, my best hope is biologic drugs like humira.

My biggest fear is that taking humira will cause me to go back into withdrawal, and I won’t be able to stop taking it, meaning it will just continue to get worse and worse.

I’m beyond desperate and terrified.

If I take humira and it causes withdrawal, and keeps getting worse, I feel my only option would be to reinstate some kind of GABAergic drug in the hope that it would allow me to stabilize, and just stay on it for life.

It’s the last thing I want to do, and I’m beyond terrified that it will just make me even worse, but I don’t know what else I could possibly do.

I see a future of constant physical pain and horrific withdrawal symptoms that not only will never get better, but will progress into something I can’t even imagine due to the inability to stop taking medication.

I’m wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with a chronic illness while still highly sensitive to mediation-induced setbacks, and been able to treat it.

I know there’s most likely not an answer for this.. but if I do end up having symptoms from humira, would continuing to take it just keep making it worse and worse? Would I eventually become accustomed to it and stop having withdrawal?

Lastly… I’m wondering if anyone has been kindled and been able to reinstate on some kind of GABAergic drug without issues… guessing thats not possible but thought I might ask.

Thank you for reading.

What did you decide to do, it looks to me as if you don't really have a choice with the Humira but I can see why you're worried about it.  The problem with worry is it could cause you extreme symptoms, stress is a huge catalyst for increased symptom severity so you'll need to find a way to be comfortable enough to try the drug without bringing symptoms down on yourself.  I'm so sorry you're faced with this.

Thank you, you’re right I’ve definitely been trying to decrease my stress.

I haven’t taken it yet as the pain is still currently bearable. What my plan is at the moment is to try mesenchymal stem cells, as I’ve seen some stories of people having success with it in withdrawal as well as in psoriatic arthritis.

I honestly don’t have high hopes though.. I tried flumazenil and somehow even that caused a setback… I really don’t understand what’s wrong with me and how every med I try manages to do this, but it seems like it may be my best option at the moment.

Thanks again for you’re response and support here

I'm glad its bearable right now but I know this hanging over your head has to be discouraging.  I've read of other members who didn't have success with Flumazenil so its not just you.  I've seen some members discuss stem celsl on the forum in regard to benzo recovery, it looks like the jury is still out but I hope it has solid use for your situation.

Thank you, have to say it makes me feel better to hear I’m not the only one with issues from flumazenil. Saw some success stories and was really hopeful for a while before trying it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things will go ok !

• 2 weeks later...
Do some research on jordan petersons daughter and what she does. They both suffer from arthritic pain and healed alot of it from a carnivore diet. Id give up foods to be happy and healthy.

There is alot of evidence backing uo carnivore diet for inflammation. I also would look into ice baths 3 times a week. Get a horse trough and fill will water and ice. Start slow though.

I will say it appears to be working for now. I haven’t had too much pain yet and am hoping to wait this out as long as I can.

Definitely going to look into ice baths that sounds interesting actually. Thanks for the responses & advice