Need support

[Fo...]

I decided to switch back to Klonopin after 3 weeks trying to direct switch from .5 K to .75 Ativan. The Ativan was making me too disassociated and the interdose withdrawal was bad! I took my first .25 of K this morning. I feel like I can’t think today. Is it the Ativan and Klonopin interaction? How long does it usually take to adjust? Any input is appreciated ❤️

FMF

Klonopin is a much better option then Ativan to taper off of - because of the longer half life of K. I would stick to Klonopin and taper down approx every 4 weeks by 1/8th of a .5 mg K pill.  Look into the Ashton method, use it as a guide but not an absolute. Use the rule of thumb of not increasing dose, only maintaining or decreasing. If you get into a rough wave of symptoms maintain on the dose you are on - but do not increase.

all the best, you will get through this. It took me over a year to get off, and for some it's shorter and some longer. we are all different and unfortunately there isn't just one specific method that works for us all. but there are general rules of thumb that i would follow. 

I imagine it will take a bit for things to settle down for you because you've switched twice in less than a month.  Give yourself some space and compassion as you get settled back in with the Klonopin FMF.  When I tried jumping from 0.25 of Klonopin, I was wrecked for 2-3 days.  After I reinstated, it took a few days to get my bearings but pretty soon I was feeling like myself again.  Stay connected here when you can - I found that helped me immensely.

There shouldn’t be a reaction, just you having to go through the WD of Ativan to swap to Clonazepam. I am hoping you will stabilize in a few days. You can do it. Remember, the body wants to heal. That’s what it’s really good at. We are here for you.

Thanks to you all! I’m wondering if I should try .125 this evening instead of the .25 I took this morning… I was taking .75mg Ativan. They say that’s less than .5mg Klonopin. Maybe I try less and go up if need be? Any thoughts?

When I tried jumping from the .25 of Klonopin and tanked, I updosed when I reinstated and tapered from there.  My rationale was that I was pretty wrecked and I felt I needed to get stabilized quickly and I did feel better within a few days.  I learned the hard way that anxiety has a way of taking on a life of it's own when unchecked!

Anyway, I'm not recommending that you updose like I did but when you are feeling shaky, it might not be a good time to do anything that you feel is risky and you don't seem too certain about this plan.

Just some thoughts ...