Is it unreasonable to be off .125 klonpin in 35 days

[Co...]

Hey all, haven't posted in a while. Hit a few bumps in the tapering but am relatively stable at .125mg of Klonopin and am hoping to be off by end of Oct since it will mark a whole year since I started tapering. It's been a rough road at times. My doc wants me to take Gabapentin but really don't want to start  another drug. My goal is to go to .06 a day then jump. Has anyone done the last little bit this way? My main symptoms are anxiety, insomnia and bad tinnitus.

I finished the last bit of my taper using a water taper - I put 0.5mg of Klonopin in 50ml of water and reduced 0.01ml/day over 50 days.  I had so much trepidation about this method but it turned out to be easier than I anticipated and since the daily reductions were small, I didn't notice any significant symptoms.  Of course, I gave myself the option to hold along the way if necessary but I was fortunate in that I didn't seem to need to.

Wow that was pretty fast! Congrats! I tried to do a water taper a while back but got mixed up with the math. Cutting my dose every other day seems to work for me.

Hi CollieB,

Looking at your signature I see there was a time when you had trouble stabilising, but maybe you are finding it easier the lower you get. Only you know whether that’s true or not. I’m still amazed every time I look at Kate08’s signature, those last fifty days, but maybe you’re up to doing it. I’m more like jelly baby, I know I’d crash and burn, and I guess the only thing I’d like to add here, is that that I’d hate to see you crash and burn simply because you were trying to stick to a finish date of exactly one year.

We support you fully, whatever you should choose to do.

Wishing you the best!