Torture! Can I go back?

[Fo...]

The direct switch from .5mg Klonopin to Ativan has been 3 weeks now. It’s getting more difficult. I’m not feeling like myself. Very agitated, disconnected and scared! I’m thinking it’s Klonopin withdrawal. Can I go back at this point? (I’ve taken Ativan in the past and switched to k no problem) Is this going to cause more kindling, or since I’m on a benzo either way, has that already been established? Please, admin, chime in. I’m at the end of my rope with all this. :((( I wanted to not have to taper K again, but Ativan seems worse…

FMF

Hi For my family,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering. I hope others who have experienced Clonazepam withdrawal and perhaps the specific switch from Lorazepam.

Here's my opinion: yes, it is possible to go back to your original Benzo; which is Clonazepam. Bare in mind that different Benzodiazepines, next to updosing and reducing, will cause discomfort: the brain is desperately trying to adjust and it's no easy task.

Personally I wonder why someone though it best to prescribe you Lorazepam after Clonazepam, seeing Lorazepam has a short halfife. But, what done is done. I cannot speak from experience, but from what I've read here on Benzobuddies and in the Ashton Manual, Clonazepam in perticular is difficult to crossover from. That said, there seems to be consensus to try to taper your original Benzo.

Best of luck,

Naf1983

The direct switch from .5mg Klonopin to Ativan has been 3 weeks now. It’s getting more difficult. I’m not feeling like myself. Very agitated, disconnected and scared! I’m thinking it’s Klonopin withdrawal. Can I go back at this point? (I’ve taken Ativan in the past and switched to k no problem) Is this going to cause more kindling, or since I’m on a benzo either way, has that already been established? Please, admin, chime in. I’m at the end of my rope with all this. :((( I wanted to not have to taper K again, but Ativan seems worse…

FMF

Thanks, Naf.

I get this “disturbed” feeling, maybe it’s depression, on the Ativan, after a few hours.  It’s bad. I think the original is the way to go for peace of mind, bc I know my benzo thing is about Klonopin.i jumped off at .25 twice…too high. I’ll have to do it differently this time. It causes fuzzy headed feeling after I reinstated, but I’ll have to cope. The ups and downs with A are too much.

FMF

I know this is super hard for you and I wish it were easy for all of us ;_;

You have been going back and forth for a while now about switching back, but you haven’t done it yet. None of us can tell you it will be better and believe me, I wish we could. If you are going to do this without your doctors help, just be careful. The last thing you need is to switch again and then be denied that medication. That’s what I worry about.

I want nothing more than for you to stabilize and taper off safely. Make sure you have the meds then switch. Maybe it will be worse, maybe it won’t. You won’t know until you do it. We know you can.

Thank you! I’m getting intense depression, feeling like I can’t think about 4-5 hours after Ativan.  I have to try the K. This is pretty bad.  I tried to reduce the Ativan, by just a little, and this happened. If Ativan withdrawal will be like this for me, I can’t do it. I appreciate your support!!! If K doesn’t help, I guess I’ll need an antidepressant for this taper… I’ve never felt such intense depression. I’m not depressed. It’s the benzos. Ugh 😓

Yes. If the Klonopin doesn’t relieve this, I’ll have to try something. I don’t do well with the initial increase in anxiety, though. Zoloft was very extreme for me. Glad it helps you:)

I know this is super hard for you and I wish it were easy for all of us ;_;

You have been going back and forth for a while now about switching back, but you haven’t done it yet. None of us can tell you it will be better and believe me, I wish we could. If you are going to do this without your doctors help, just be careful. The last thing you need is to switch again and then be denied that medication. That’s what I worry about.

I want nothing more than for you to stabilize and taper off safely. Make sure you have the meds then switch. Maybe it will be worse, maybe it won’t. You won’t know until you do it. We know you can.

I agree with ThisBur

It's so difficult for us to give you advice since you've already tried the K, so we don't know if it will work again. You also need to know your doctor will prescribe. Just to put your mind at ease about kindling. Going between benzo's is not kindling. Kindling is only when you stop benzo's completely and start it again.

I'm really sorry this is so difficult and we couldn't be of more help. But as you know our support will always be there whatever you decide to do.  :smitten:

Something I forgot to ask, but do you ever read over the success stories? They are so uplifting to read through. Some of them even choke me up and make me feel like I am experiencing their pain and joy. For me, I feel hope and happiness reading them. It reminds me that the body is a boss of a machine and will fight on no matter what. We heal. It takes time and sometimes balls, but we do. If you have yet to read them, read a few before you sleep tonight. They truly give you hope.

If you have read them all, ignore this message lol