Weight lifting during taper?

[Gi...]

Hey buddies,

Does anyone do weight lifting while tapering?

I really got into lifting before I resumed cutting/tapering in July and I recently purchased some new exercise equipment so I could get back into it. Just did my first workout and half an hour later I’m a shaking, anxious, nauseated mess.

I’ve read a few threads about exercise intolerance and was wondering what are everyone’s experiences? If you do exercise, what do you do?

Cardio just makes me so bored, so I’m keen to lift if I can.

Giraffelover26

Hi Giraffelover26,

Everyone is different. Some do well with exercise, some not so well. It sounds like you need to experiment and find your baseline where it doesn’t overstimulate your CNS.

I go for a walk of a day, and have no problem at all until the last 200 meters which is all up hill. It’s after that last 200 meters that I start experiencing internal shaking. Just find your sweet spot.  :thumbsup:

Hi Giraffelover26,

before my traumatic withdrawal, I was psychially very active. I lift weights, have a weighted hulahoop (I will watch TV shows while hulahooping) and personally I like Ring Fit Adventure and Just Dance on my Nintendo Switch. During my gruweling too rapid withdrawal I was barely functioning and I had to drag myself through the day and wasn't excercising at all. Now that I am stable and sleeping better I am doing these things again, although I have to admit this will be work in process, for the past year I was mostly very sick.

Naf1983

Hey buddies,

Does anyone do weight lifting while tapering?

I really got into lifting before I resumed cutting/tapering in July and I recently purchased some new exercise equipment so I could get back into it. Just did my first workout and half an hour later I’m a shaking, anxious, nauseated mess.

I’ve read a few threads about exercise intolerance and was wondering what are everyone’s experiences? If you do exercise, what do you do?

Cardio just makes me so bored, so I’m keen to lift if I can.

Giraffelover26

I'm lifting 25 lb weights ever other day.  And I walk 4 miles a day.  Skipping today because of the rain.  I do suffer constant headaches with this taper and insomnia but that's the worst of it.  I avoid any refined sugar of any kind.  Also, I never caught COVID.  Been in and out of the hospital and around people who had it but I still never got it.  I don't know why.  I did not get the shots either and I don't intend to get the shots.