Restless legs while tapering

[As...]

Hello everyone! Currently microtapering clonazepam with a liquid compound. I can't seem to " shake," no pun intended, restless legs that keeps me up at night.

I have tried magnesium, physio stretches and soaking my lower legs in hot water.

The restless legs are getting worse. What other natural remedies are out there? I am hesitant to try gabapentin, requip or myrapex as I have read there are pretty bad side effects from these drugs. I am really fearful of medications like these that can cause metabolic syndrome and rebound restless legs after continued use.  If others have tried these meds, what side effects did you experience and were you able to get off these meds after tapering the benzo?

Any feedback about how to cope with restless legs while tapering would be super appreciated!

Hey there Asterik.  I still have RLS well into my recovery.  I find that a weighted blanket REALLY helps me to manage it.  Not perfect but I can sleep through it.

Hi Asterik,

I've had RLS quite a lot in my taper! When it happens, it's ALWAYS when I try to fall asleep. I haven't had it for weeks now. My conclusion is that it happens if my cuts are too large.

Naf1983

Hello everyone! Currently microtapering clonazepam with a liquid compound. I can't seem to " shake," no pun intended, restless legs that keeps me up at night.

I have tried magnesium, physio stretches and soaking my lower legs in hot water.

The restless legs are getting worse. What other natural remedies are out there? I am hesitant to try gabapentin, requip or myrapex as I have read there are pretty bad side effects from these drugs. I am really fearful of medications like these that can cause metabolic syndrome and rebound restless legs after continued use.  If others have tried these meds, what side effects did you experience and were you able to get off these meds after tapering the benzo?

Any feedback about how to cope with restless legs while tapering would be super appreciated!