Symptoms - Checking In

[ne...]

Hi!

I'm at .136mg of K. I got very stressed out earlier this week though I'm always severely stressed from this situation. I noticed this week my symptoms have been a bit different and increased too in a way. I feel agitated, anxious, restless, extra twitchy and all night long, feel my pulse in random spots, jelly legs, joint pain, head pains and the list really does go on. Should I expect this to ebb and flow or just be here for a while since I'm getting lower, etc. I've had anxiety badly since childhood so some of this I'm used to. Never super sure what I'm asking; encouragement is always helpful and thanks.

:smitten:

hey nervousewreck~~  im also down to a pretty small dose of klonopin and ive noticed the same.  its like when a situation comes up my body trying to respond but the aniety is really spiking and lots of the old symptoms come back.  im holding for a few weeks before i reduce anything.  my taper has gone well so far ...probally because im going so slow, and i dont want thoses symptoms to come back.  so im holding and doing my own work on dealing with stress.  maybe hold a bit before your next redution.  best of luck to you <3~~  jill

Hi nervouswreck,

I would advise you do the same as jillybean, hold for a while. Possibly the taper rate is catching up with you. Give yourself some time for symptoms to settle. You’re getting lower, so maybe make it a symptoms based taper from here.

You guys are awesome and thanks a lot! JillyBean-I follow your posts and sorry similar is happening. I completely agree that my body cannot handle the anxiety or much of any stimulation. I am also wondering if me picking up walking again the last 2 weeks has been a negative. We live in Florida so it's HOT (September is usually the hottest month) so between the heat and trying to get some distance in I'm wondering if I literally just cannot handle it right now. I may take that away for a bit and then revisit if/when things let up. Thank you both again-very appreciated advice that I will absolutely entertain.

Hey nervouswreck,

I’m switching to a liquid compound at 0.16 mg.  When you switched did you notice any changes or symptoms?  Or was it easier.

Also, I’ve decided to slow down a lot until I stabilize.  I’m 8 days out from a dose and two weeks going down is too fast for me.  I’m going to hold for a month.  I have to remain functional for my babes and self.  I’m calling it “benzo heal” now instead of “benzo hell”.  Each drop our symptoms are an indication of our central nervous system rewiring.  It sucks but it actually means good things are happening.  And for that I’m trying to breathe through the symptoms.

Magnesium, healthy food, avoiding caffeine, sunlight, moving, and ginger ale has helped me.  Comedy shows do wonders too