Updosed and really down in the dumps

[...]

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support, it helps so much.

After having a serious seizure from cutting 2mg to 1.5mg klonopin, I updosed again to 2mg to stabilize 5 days ago.

I now feel extremely depressed and have anxiety.

Have debilitating fatigue, burning skin, blurry vision.

Had these during withdrawal and much more except depression and anxiety.

I never want to leave the house or see anyone this has been going on for a while ever since I started benzos a year ago.. Is this what benzos do to you?

Also if anyone has experienced updosing, do things improve?

I'm back to square one and already feel like I'm spent.

I just can't be around people but also feel alone. Is this normal?

Is it normal to not be functional and absolutely useless? I feel like a burden.

I'm so sad it's like I'm living in a different world.

It's hell being on this stuff and seems like hell trying to come off. Will it be this hard throughout a slow taper?

Will I be able to go out or want to see people,or at least lead a functional life? Have you?

Just feel so weird and lost...

Thanks for any input or experiences.

God bless u all

Hi NBF,

I’m sorry you are experiencing such intense symptoms.

Yes, I’ve experienced ALL of those symptoms you mention, after a taper cut.

I haven’t updosed, but I do hear some members mention initially feeling worse after updosing, but I would keep in mind that you are still recovering from that 0.5mg decrease in dose before you updosed, and it really can take some time to stabilise. It can be quite a shock to the brain with a cut like that, but I think you will find things will gradually settle down.

WS

I would just focus on stabilising on the dose you are on at the moment. Trying to see a way forward feeling the way you are is too much, because you are viewing it through the fear. Once things settle down, you’ll be able to see your way forward again.

hello nbf~~  so sorry about how you're feeling.  i also started my taper at 2. mg k...  when i made the same first cut, i was exaxtly the same.. i was bed bound foir 4 months.  it was not getting any better. i really thought i was finished.  after going to the hospital, i updosed to my origingal dose and felt so much better after about a week.  i held for a while before a began a very slow taper as i've been on klonopin for over 25 years. going as slow as i have ~~ive not experienced any of the symptoms to that extent.  ive actually been feeling great for the past year.  im at a pretty small dose now and it seems i may have to go even slower now.  once you get stable you will find what works for you.  i wish you health and happiness~~  jill

I'm really sorry you're having it so tough. I went from 2mg to 0.5 and then from 1mg to 0.5mg. Both times were very traumatic and I needed to updose. Like jillybean, within a week I got back to feeling the way I was before the cut.

It seems to me you had some bad symptoms prior to your cut that were caused by benzo's. Is this right?

I'm really sorry you're having it so tough. I went from 2mg to 0.5 and then from 1mg to 0.5mg. Both times were very traumatic and I needed to updose. Like jillybean, within a week I got back to feeling the way I was before the cut.

It seems to me you had some bad symptoms prior to your cut that were caused by benzo's. Is this right?

Hi NBF,

jelly baby poses a good question… you say you have had some of those symptoms ever since you started the benzo’s.

Do you think the symptoms began the moment you started the medication, or do you think they may have started after several weeks to few months after beginning the medication?

Hi NBP,

sorry to hear about your suffering. I had a few cases of updosing, one by accident and some out of necessity. Rather it's updosing or reducing, the brain needs to adapt and you can get symptoms. I agree with everyone saying the best thing you can do is take the time to stabilize.

Be safe,

Naf1983

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support, it helps so much.

After having a serious seizure from cutting 2mg to 1.5mg klonopin, I updosed again to 2mg to stabilize 5 days ago.

I now feel extremely depressed and have anxiety.

Have debilitating fatigue, burning skin, blurry vision.

Had these during withdrawal and much more except depression and anxiety.

I never want to leave the house or see anyone this has been going on for a while ever since I started benzos a year ago.. Is this what benzos do to you?

Also if anyone has experienced updosing, do things improve?

I'm back to square one and already feel like I'm spent.

I just can't be around people but also feel alone. Is this normal?

Is it normal to not be functional and absolutely useless? I feel like a burden.

I'm so sad it's like I'm living in a different world.

It's hell being on this stuff and seems like hell trying to come off. Will it be this hard throughout a slow taper?

Will I be able to go out or want to see people,or at least lead a functional life? Have you?

Just feel so weird and lost...

Thanks for any input or experiences.

God bless u all

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your replies.

Have been in hospital for a while.

Felt better after updosing at 2 weeks.

I was taking Xanax for panic attacks on an as needed basis then ativan. It worked at the beginning and was OK for a short while but it wore off fast and had those symptoms in between, while it still helped with the panic attacks at the time things just got worse and worse in between the.doses and the same dose that worked before was no longer effective. It just got so severe it was like torture for many months, I just thought I was going crazy, terror, genwrqlized anxiety,agoraphobia, social anxiety, paranoia, repetitive thoughts, crying and screaming spells, suicidal,  then finally convulsions. So I guess it was severe interdose withdrawals? Or can just being on benzos do that to you?

Hey NBF,

Very glad to hear things have settled!

I would imagine it was most likely interdose withdrawals, especially considering you were using the Ativan and Xanax on an as needed basis. Now that you’ve stabilised to a degree, try and be as regimented with your daily doses as possible. Set an alarm if needed.  :thumbsup:

hello nbf~~  so sorry about how you're feeling.  i also started my taper at 2. mg k...  when i made the same first cut, i was exaxtly the same.. i was bed bound foir 4 months.  it was not getting any better. i really thought i was finished.  after going to the hospital, i updosed to my origingal dose and felt so much better after about a week.  i held for a while before a began a very slow taper as i've been on klonopin for over 25 years. going as slow as i have ~~ive not experienced any of the symptoms to that extent.  ive actually been feeling great for the past year.  im at a pretty small dose now and it seems i may have to go even slower now.  once you get stable you will find what works for you.  i wish you health and happiness~~  jill

I was on 1.5 mg klonopin for 10 to 12 years.  Started taper in Jan but went too fast.  Started tapering w/ a doctor who was a total idiot  He has since left the clinic.  I'm working wi/ a PCP now.  He thinks I should go to original dose and wait a while then taper SLOOOOwly  My question is, if I increase my dose I feel like I'm getting w/drawal symptoms.  Tightening stomach muscles, slight humming in left ear.  The problem is the muscle pain.  I mean SEVERE muscle pain in legs and feet and the muscles stiffen.  2 months ago I couldn't walk at all.  Someone else had to do my grocery shopping.  Now I can slowly walk 0.9 miles w/ burning pain. But I do it almost daily.

I see from other posts it takes a week or 2 to feel better after going to original dose.

I'm 67.  Before this I was running 5 days a week, 3 miles, 30 minutes.  Now it is still painful to walk.  Some days the muscle relaxants do nothing.  And my vision is so blurry.  Could be typos in here having blurry visions.

The point is, my quality of life is 0.  My feet feel trashed, my leg muscles are so severely painful.  Not sure what to do.

Any insight/advice into this so greatly appreciated.I've been like this for months and can't take it much longer.  Do I go to original 1.5 mg dose or tuff this out.

Though the immobility is no way to live..  Considering going to original dose.  Just don't know.......

Any ideas/advice/opinions so greatly appreciated.  I want so badly to get back to being active