Wishful Thinking?

[St...]

As I've read a lot of post it made me wonder if anyone has ever heard of people that have an easier time reducing or jumping off from higher doses than you would get to if you kept doing 10% until the jump?  For instance have you ever heard of anyone going from 2mg clonazepam, tapering .25 a time and holding, and jumping off from .25 or even .125 without problems?    Does strong withdrawals at the start of a taper indicate there will also be strong withdrawals at the lower levels? 

Or maybe it happens and we just don't hear about it here? 

Hi StingRae,

Yes, there are those who don’t seem to have much problem at all with symptoms, tapering, or jumping.

Here, we consider them ‘THE LUCKY ONES’  :laugh:

And yes, if you have quite a symptomatic taper, it probably suggests you want to taper sufficiently low before considering jumping, although there are also those who experience a decrease in symptoms the lower they get. My fingers are crossed  ;D.

Agreed. I believe "the lucky ones" aren't inclined to be here, seeing they seem to have little problems coming off.

Hi StingRae,

Yes, there are those who don’t seem to have much problem at all with symptoms, tapering, or jumping.

Here, we consider them ‘THE LUCKY ONES’  :laugh:

And yes, if you have quite a symptomatic taper, it probably suggests you want to taper sufficiently low before considering jumping, although there are also those who experience a decrease in symptoms the lower they get. My fingers are crossed  ;D.

I have a theory about the  "lucky' ones, I think they're one kindling episode away from becoming one of us.  I've seen countless members talk about how they've never had a problem discontinuing these drugs until they do.  For some of us, there is no forgiveness, we're doomed the firsts time out of the gate but for others, repeated cessations are the straw that broke the camels back.  Its never made sense to me why we're the unlucky ones when the drug is this powerful, how does it not take everyone out?  I think it will, but it just takes more cessation attempts. 

That's my theory anyway, absolutely no basis in scientific fact.  ::)

But Stingray, to answer your question, I agree with Winters sun, difficult tapers seem to be consistent all the way down to include the post taper phase we call recovery.  I like Winters sun have seen a few members feel better the lower in dose they go, but that isn't typical. 

I have a theory about the  "lucky' ones, I think they're one kindling episode away from becoming one of us.  I've seen countless members talk about how they've never had a problem discontinuing these drugs until they do.  For some of us, there is no forgiveness, we're doomed the firsts time out of the gate but for others, repeated cessations are the straw that broke the camels back.  Its never made sense to me why we're the unlucky ones when the drug is this powerful, how does it not take everyone out?  I think it will, but it just takes more cessation attempts. 

But Stingray, to answer your question, I agree with Winters sun, difficult tapers seem to be consistent all the way down to include the post taper phase we call recovery.  I like Winters sun have seen a few members feel better the lower in dose they go, but that isn't typical.

You're exactly right. Anyone can be sensitized at any moment. I've heard many people say they've CTed multiple times or quickly tapered in the past, but now, they're struggling.

I was one of those who struggled the first time.

I agree, but my theory is as followed: there are subgroups within subgroups. In the ones that struggle with withdrawal, there is the most unlucky group: even while holding they seem to never be fully relieved of symptoms.

Then there is a subgroup like me: holding for a while stabilizes us completely and as long that we don't cut, we can feel really good!