What if I can’t stabilize…worse drop in dose yet.

[Cr...]

I dropped 5 days ago now after my last dose and things are terrible.  I can’t eat.  Tremors have started for the first time since being on Klonopin.  I want to throw up everywhere.  Diarrhea. No sleeping.  I have 6 children, one being 1 and I need to be functional.  My husband has had to take this week off to help me manage.  We have no friends or family that could help. 

I’m desperately hoping for an appointment with my doctor that would switch me to a liquid taper.

But I am non-functional.  My kids need me.  I can try to stabilize for a month and see but what if it doesn’t get better?  Do I just go ahead and taper again and feel terrible for the next 6 months or more on this only to get off and feel horrible again?  Is this just my tapering symptoms every time I drop?

I’m so sick and lost and hopeless.

Hi Crystal, you are an inspiration, taking care of 6 children, and going through withdrawal.  I would wait a while, I am sure you will stabilise.  I hope you can get an appointment with the doctor, slow the process down.  You are doing a great job Crystal, you will get through this, life will come good again with time.

Magrita :smitten: 

Hi Crystal

Your signature says on 4 Aug you updosed.  To what dose did you updose to? The most recent cut you made is that the one where you cut to 0.166?

Sorry…I’m getting things confused in my head due to some

Memory issues.  I actually was sick after dropping to 0.125 mg for a few days after I dropped a dose and had to see my doctor immediately so I went to 0.19 after that visit which was about 3 days after dropping from 0.25 mg. 

I went through your past posts just to see where you were stable. On July 11 you were on 0.5mg

I added my schedule in my signature if that helps.  I’m doing well today back on the 0.25 mg once in the morning and then again closer to bed coupled with melatonin.  I am going to hold for a bit and then taper again.

I've done the calculations and you've been reducing approximately 15%/14 days since then.

I have a boat load of sympathy for you because I've been exactly where you were. I was bedridden, vomiting with my husband taking care of the kids. My cuts were too big. The only thing that got me functioning again was a proper updose.  I don't think your previous updose was enough to fix the damage. If it were me I'd updose to 0.375mg and hold there for at least a month.

I know how this sucks. I really hope it gets better.

I went through your past posts just to see where you were stable. On July 11 you were on 0.5mg

I added my schedule in my signature if that helps.  I’m doing well today back on the 0.25 mg once in the morning and then again closer to bed coupled with melatonin.  I am going to hold for a bit and then taper again.

I've done the calculations and you've been reducing approximately 15%/14 days since then.

I have a boat load of sympathy for you because I've been exactly where you were. I was bedridden, vomiting with my husband taking care of the kids. My cuts were too big. The only thing that got me functioning again was a proper updose.  I don't think your previous updose was enough to fix the damage. If it were me I'd updose to 0.375mg and hold there for at least a month.

I know how this sucks. I really hope it gets better.

I am feeling better today.  My last 3 tapers have been done at about 7% when I calculate them.  And am going to hold at this dose.  I am not going to go back up ever regardless.  I’m going to continue to taper down.  As slow as it takes. I know you mean well.  I’ve actually seen my doctor since then.  I’m switching to a liquid taper. 

Is there a rationalization for you thinking to updose?  I so don’t want to go back and I’ve heard updosing can have kindling and bad effects.  I am so interested because I don’t want to make any mistakes.