Ibuprofen set me back!

[Co...]

• 1 year later...
Sounds like it caused a flare up in your symptoms. I am very med sensitive now since withdrawal and I can not take ibuprofen either. It flares my symptoms up worse than my normal waves if I take it any longer than one day. I only take Tylenol now.

I'm 55 months. I've been pretty much healed living my life  I hurt my shoulder on April 28 had to take Advil for 9 days.  Now I'm in hell. Burning nerves awful head sensations terrible anguish physical and mental. It's acute.  It's getting worse.  Haven't took no medications besides Tylenol thru this whole process can't believe I'm in hell again  I hope sombody sees this post. That had same reaction. And recovered 

Ibuprofen has mild effects on the GABA system, not good for withdrawal. Besides that, it inhibits healing, so not a great drug for anything besides occasional use.

What Meowie said. I can't take it, revs up my physical stuff. I wouldn't worry though Ray, should just be a minor setback. Glad to hear you have healed. I read a lot of your posts from way back. Hope this passes soon.

Sorry you are here again.  But while you are, would you please tell us when your benzo symptoms left?  Particularly the buzzing nerves that you had? 

I will stay away from ibuprofen! 

Take care of yourself.

How the heck do I delete my last post?  Lol.  I really confused myself... Didn't realize I was on cool35 post... From a year ago!  Anyway... Hope you feel better soon raypach

I didn't realize the post was from a year ago either......ugh benzo brain :P I was looking up ibuprofen and came across this post near the top of the search line up.

During the course of the common cold, recently, I noticed aspirin calming high glutamate levels (or what I believe to be possible in my own unique physiology) and virtually no tremors, excitability, etc.

NSAIDS, being anti-inflammatory meds, may interact with the GABA-glutamate pathways - since disturbances with either one or both can result in inflammation potential. This doesn't explain why or how they affect GABA and/or glutamate, but gives some insight into just how deep NSAIDS can go in addressing generalized inflammation.

As of now, I have no sources to cite, but NSAIDS like Ibuprofen may interact with GABA's ability to effectively bind to each receptor.

Also, a rebound inflammatory response could cause withdrawal flare-ups.

Iv realised codiene flares up my symptoms. I'm taking diclofenac at the moment. Muscle spasms in neck  won't let go. Hot baths and showers help me .I would stick to paracetamol as this is the least toxic drug there is .

It's been a month today since my last dose of Advil. This week  has been up and down. I'm dealing with mild anxiety off and on.  Head sensations.  And agitated nerves in my body that get really bad.  And toxic tast in mouth.  And what's crazy  it leaves like it never happened.  And I'll have a good few days. Back to my old self then the symptems hit hard.  Yo yo all week.  Hopefully I start pulling out of this.  And get back to normal.  Never thought that Advil would give me setback.  With my burning nerves. I could take Tylenol any time with no ill affects.

I used to take it and it made me very sleepy. Glad this thread was resurrected because now I'll only take Tylenol.......

Bets

Thanks. :)

You're welcome, benzogirl!  ;)

Those research abstracts are always dry, sciency and hard for the layperson to wrap their head around, but the conclusion that an anti-inflammatory site on the GABA receptor may exist is intriguing. This might help to support the many 'setbacks' or bouts of sudden withdrawal relapse users on BB claim when taking NSAIDs and other OTC pain killers.

Like yourself, I noticed aspirin helping me to sleep when I was sick, recently. I then realized it could be due to these purported interactions or even aspirin's theorized ability to significantly reduce glutamate levels.

The study also helps support other research, exploring the interaction of quinolone-based antibiotics on GABA pathways.

It makes me think, "What else don't we know?"

This is why it's so important for people experiencing benzo withdrawal to be extremely careful with what they ingest.

Yes. I don't take anything unless I pass it through my pdoc. For example, Kava Kava is a  :nono: And please, call me Bets or Betsy. :)

• 1 year later...

Raypatch did the setback ever wear off? Did you recover from it? If so how long was the whole ordeal?

Are you currently going through this, as well?