klonopin wow

[mi...]

makes me feel so gloomy and dumb  >:(  >:(  :idiot:

is there any other benzo to sub from klonopin i been on it for 1 month and it sucks i feel like sleeping and sleeping

If you are always sleepy, Mike, you are probably on too much klonopin.  Try reducing your dose over the next week or so and see if you don't feel better.  If your doctor will prescribe it, you could cross over to valium but it has the reputation of causing depression and sedation in many people.

If you are always sleepy, Mike, you are probably on too much klonopin.  Try reducing your dose over the next week or so and see if you don't feel better.  If your doctor will prescribe it, you could cross over to valium but it has the reputation of causing depression and sedation in many people.

only 1.5mg

not only sleepy, feel dumb, don't know what to do. forgetting things, dizziness, dry mouth. no energy at all

Mikey,

I am on tapering from 2mg of Klonopin and I can totally relate to how Klonopin makes you feel.  I feel foggy headed at times, and not nearly as sharp as I was in the past.  I have been taking these meds less than a year, and I really feel it has slowed me down quite a bit too.  I know you workout, and I don't know if it has effected your workouts, but often I am too tired too excercise, because my muscles are just sore and fatiguged.  All this stuff seems "normal" in benzo wd.  There is really no quick way out.  It takes alot of patience to get through this mess.

I saw Beeper menion valium as a possible substitute and she is right the one thing it could do is make you more depressed, it seems many people have that problem when they crossover.  The other thing I should add is, if you crossover, normally there is a waiting period while you cross, and you then start reducing your dose, so you would wait a few weeks, this would add some time to your taper.

I know you want off this stuff NOW, so do I....it is the worst experience I have ever had..allt he weird body sensations..aches and pains...etc etc....but Mikey if you follow a good plan.....in time...all this stuff is going to go away.... :)  I know it gets frustrating..alot of us are frustrated..so you are not alone...

TC

Hi Mikey,

when i first started titrating 6 mgs klon, after switching over from xanax, it was like every time i would  sit down I would start to nod off. I took many afternoon naps, which really felt good. I gradually got accustom to the drug and I began to perk up quite a bit. Comparatively speaking.

I found valium in the past to be much worse, not only did it make me feel sleepy but I felt like crap, like a zombie, compared to K. Now I am down around 2.9 mgs k and i hardly feel any side effects at all. I would suspect as you continue to work your way down you will probably begin to perk up as well.  It takes a while for your body to adjust to it's sedating effect. No need to get discouraged too quickly.

Good luck

JohnE