Ashton Method Update

[ri...]

I haven't posted in quite a while. I am following the Ashton Method for Ativan withdrawal. Have made the complete substitution to Valium and the taper is a NO-BRAINER. It is, of course, slower than I would like, but that's probably what makes it so successful. Just wanted to say that if you are able to find an Ashton-friendly doctor, by all means give it a shot. It has saved my life - and as we all know, that is not an over-statement. I think about all of us going through this nightmare every day and I have hope for all.

Hi riverboat,

Thanks for checking in, good to hear things went well with your crossover. Good luck with your taper!!  ;D Keep us updated.  :thumbsup:

T2 :smitten:

Hi riverboat,

You were so fortunate to find an Ashton friendly doctor, good luck on your taper.  You sound good, much better than before, keep up the great work!

Pam :smitten:

I haven't posted in quite a while. I am following the Ashton Method for Ativan withdrawal. Have made the complete substitution to Valium and the taper is a NO-BRAINER. It is, of course, slower than I would like, but that's probably what makes it so successful. Just wanted to say that if you are able to find an Ashton-friendly doctor, by all means give it a shot. It has saved my life - and as we all know, that is not an over-statement. I think about all of us going through this nightmare every day and I have hope for all.

Hi riverboat,

I just got through reading your progress log, I hadn't seen it before.  You've had an amazing journey, but you sound good.  I'm very much like you, recovering for 18 years from alcohol, took a little trip down Klonopin and Ambien Avenues in the last few years.  Hard lessons, but we are teachable and we can learn.  Good for you for taking back your life! 

Pam :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...