18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

A group of folks started a thread back some time ago ... the "6 - 12 Month Group" ... after a while this thread stayed alive and the folks who were there at the beginning of the thread started the next thread ... the "12 - 18 Month Group" ... some of the folks in that group have healed and moved on into their lives ... some of us are still waiting for our healing to be completed ... so ... the next group in this series starts today ... the "18 - 30 Month Group" ...

All are welcome here ... and for those who have been active in the previous two groups, and for those who were silent partners ... thank you all ... we look forward to seeing you in the new group ...

Nobody gets left behind ...

Be Well ...

The previous two groups in this series are still active ... and remain open ... just wanted to let folks know why some of the members of the second group moved to the new one ...

:smitten:

Edit: Changed Title

Wow! This place is so spacious and brand new. It feels good to let go of what was and move into what is and will be. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, Nova! It feels good to be home.

I'm going to go make sure Jenny knows the way to the new place.

Peace2

Hi Nova, Hi peace

Can I sneak in here for a couple of weeks?

Yes, I'll be 30 months off at the end of this month and I have to say this is getting a bit much, it really is.

I had planned to be completely healed by now.  In fact I have planned that every 3 months for the past two years I think.

But never mind, it is always getting a little better and a little better .....  :thumbsup:

And we just never know what is round the corner.

July was definitely my best month so far, then I usually stand still for a few months until I have another bad wave, then a slightly higher baseline.  That is how it seems to go for me.

We just have to stay positive and optimistic that all will be well.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Nova, you moved quickly, my man!

TY for the PM alert. 

Fiona, so glad to see you!

I want to say, I was terrified of 'protracted.'  Never thought I'd still be here, but I am.  And while things are def'ly getting better, healing is happening, there are still some glitches, if you will.  There seems to be a real dearth of information after 18 months, maybe because most people start to see improvement and go away.  And the success stories skip over this stage, or cover it in a sentence, "such and such was the last to go."  But if such and such is giving you a whooping, as it is me, I'd love to know it's a normal part of healing. 

I have to think, since there are so many of us still dealing with residual stuff, after a great amount of healing, that there must be so many more out there, that we're not

alone. 

So thank you, Nova, for starting this thread!  I remember how reluctant I was to give up the 6-12, for the move to 12-18, even though I started the damned thing.  So the transition might be sluggish, but I think it will pick up. 

And I'll say what I said at 6 months, everybody heals, nobody gets left behind.  Even after we oldsters leave, there will be people behind us to pick up and carry on.  The goal is to heal and move on to a healthy benzo free life.  And we are getting there. :smitten:

Nova....thank you for getting this up and going...Peace is right.  There is a very nice psychological lift to moving the flag another 500 feet. It feels like starting a new progression phase instead of trudging along endlessly in the same mile.

....I am looking forward to seeing many of my 6-12 band of buddies declare ' healed and done'.  Many of us are close. I am also looking forward to seeing new faces here. I think this succession of '6 month' threads will be a valuable help to those coming along right behind us as they can follow day to day progress of people in the second year.

..  .Onward we go ....with renewed spirit......coop

Fiona....welcome, and thank you for the very encouraging post. It is so goid to know that things keep getting better and better a little bit at a time. Your pattern of better and ' holding' then a better baseline seems alot like my progress in the past few months...  it is so reassuring to hear the same from someone out a little further than me.  It really helps.  Thank you

coop

Life got better in the last thread (oh, so many meanings...) Healing Hope then Jenny. Who's next? I think that's what happens here, said the girl who can't get off the couch with dr and tinnitus.  But you know, I'm braver than I was, a little more solid, a little more me.

Welcome Fiona. I love your name. Every student I've ever had with the name Fiona has been sharp and full of strong will and determination. Just how I like to see a girl getting on in the world. 

Peace2

Hi Green.  " healthy benzo free life"....here we come. ...

...Green, I am hoping a few people who are out further than we are will find this thread and come on and let us know how they are doing and how they managed any months post 18.

...  How are you doing today? ....I am doing much better than yesterday, but as Nova says, " better, but not better enough"

Yesterday I had some tough benzo flu...today just low and slow with a moderate head he and eye muscle pain....Mental is so much better so happy....Happy with sx...seems to be the top note for me in month 22......

coop

Can I join too......my tight muscles are not ready to leave......or my many mouth issues...

I know I don't reply much....not the best with words....I'm trying....

But you all give me positive fuel.....to keep going .....each day......so that being said....

THANK YOU!

TM

Hi friends! Thanks for the invite Peace and Nova! I'm excited to be checking in on all of you and hearing all the improvements, because I really do believe this is the last leg in our journey... I'm so thankful to have had all of you support me since way back in the 6-12 month thread, this truly is a great group of people!  Jenny

Thanks for the link Nova! I'm sneaking in two months early. Can't stay long. Have to charge my phone and then we're off to the Lantern Festival. Feeling a little better today. Not great, but a little better.

Hello all...covers moved with me to the couch.  My head stuff progressed into intense headache but the pain at the worst "only" lasts about 45 minutes.  Just resting. Had another massage to loosen up my vice like muscles in my chest, shoulders, neck, and skull.  If only I had a masseuse on demand that followed me around.  Is there an app for that?

The new digs are nice!!!  This is my last thread.  ::)

TM ... you are welcome here, my friend ... post when you can ... we are all in this together doing what we can when we can ...

Everyone is welcome here ... yes we are aware of numbers ... but they are only numbers ... what matters is that we are healing and that we reassure and support one another ...

And yes Drew ... this is my last thread as well ... or at least I darn well hope so ... hope your head stuff settles out ...

Siggy ... you are part of this community ... we just raised a new flag ... the "house" is still here ...

Texas. ..you are so welcome.... sorry to hear that your mouth sx are continuing.    Does anything help....even in the moment t? ....Glad you are here for this next ( and last) stretch..

Wishing you relief and some sunbreaks ....coop

Siggy....you are not ' sneaking '  in....you are one of us.  Enjoy the Lantern Festival....our city is having it at the end of September.  Let me know what you thought of it.  Enjoy...

Thanks for the welcome, folks.  You know I have never really compared my journey to anyone else's.  There is a good reason for this.  My sxs didn't really start in earnest until six months after a three month taper.  And it was pretty bad for six months, then it got even worse.  So I don't really like to say this is how it was for me at 18 months, or 24 months.  We are all very different and whilst I always like the reassurance that my sxs are not unique to me, the journey most definitely is.  Add to that the fact that I have had physical sxs only during the past two years kind of makes me a bit unusual.  Being virtually bedridden for two years is not very common either thank goodness.

What I do share with everyone else, is the unpredictability of this whole experience.  All I can say for definite is that it just keeps getting better, little by little, and I haven't found anything to speed it up!!  >:( >:(

I started getting outside in July, my biggest breakthrough in terms of physical functioning and can now walk a mile a day usually.  So what am I left with?  Cog fog making reading/watching TV still very difficult, unsteady on legs, things look a bit unreal when outside, anal muscles which don't work properly  :'( :'( - my worst symptom now - and just generally feeling unwell most of the time. 

I did have a few scary days the other week with terrible downward pressure on my brain and pressure on my lungs making breathing very difficult. The pressure on my lungs was a new thing. It passed and I am sure my baseline improved slightly afterwards.

Anyway, I just keep hanging onto the belief that it will get better and that is what keeps me going.

I'm sorry that some of you are clearly struggling. That was me yesterday!!  :'( :'(  Today I am kind of ok.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Green ... yep ... onward we go ...

Kind of a back and forth day for me ... nothing dramatic ... the next few weeks hopefully will be "interesting" ... taking a few things for a test drive ... stuff I want to do, stuff I have had on the back burner for a while ... and easy stuff ... and I do feel that lousy voice nibbling in the shadows ... "not yet" ... "too soon" ... "watch out" ...

Well ... 'so what" is my response ... doing this stuff one day at a time ... that's all we can do ...  :thumbsup:

Drew.  So glad that the epicenter of your headache was on the short side...I am on the couch this afternoon too.  not completely miserable , but not at my 85% baseline... more like 75%.... .nothing at all like yesterday so trying not to complain .

....hope you have a good movie to watch...or a good book to read...or better yet....that massage on call app....feel better Drew......coop

Hi Coop ... well, here we are ... they say the third time is the charm ... and I feel this is a good thing ... we muddled around with this a while ago and didn't move ...probably just how many of us were feeling at the time ...

There seems to be hope in the air ... after a long few months of doldrums ...

Hi Green.  " healthy benzo free life"....here we come. ...

...Green, I am hoping a few people who are out further than we are will find this thread and come on and let us know how they are doing and how they managed any months post 18.

...  How are you doing today? ....I am doing much better than yesterday, but as Nova says, " better, but not better enough"

Yesterday I had some tough benzo flu...today just low and slow with a moderate head he and eye muscle pain....Mental is so much better so happy....Happy with sx...seems to be the top note for me in month 22......

coop

Coop, I'm with you.  Yesterday was stunningly challenging.  (But still better than pre-18!) I'd say mostly physical, but at some point I think I had mild DR.  And I check myself by how much I want to get lost in my ancestry tree.  Slept 9 hours last night.  Fell off by 3:30 a.m.  which is major.  So even the broken sleep is getting better.  Today is a good day. made it to the recycling center, got rid of bags of electronics.  and feeling better now.  and I haven't before this for awhile, my bad days were terrible, really. Like Jenny, I was thinking, my God, it feels like I'm getting worse.  but today is much better.

what keeps me going is knowing somebody else had it, had it as far out as I am, and got better.  and knowing I'm not alone, that we're all in this together.  And then I can slam the door on the little fear gremlins and keep on keeping on, one foot in front of the other.  this is hard enough without being terrified.

As I said, a little better today.  Off to see Iphigenia. 

To Drew and Peace:  Love me, love my couch!