Could benzos or benzo withdrawal explain my symptoms?

[be...]

I have been taking Zoloft and Ativan for many years in various doses (at one point 1.5 mg Ativan and 150 mg Zoloft), but have been trying to lower my doses of both in the last few years, without much medical supervision. I started experiencing frightening symptoms after my most recent dosage reduction and found this website when searching for possible causes of numbness.

I can't remember all the dates and numbers, but my most recent Ativan cut was in October or November (from 1 mg to .75 mg), with a reduction in Zoloft afterward a few weeks later (from 50 to 25 mg). First I noticed a worsening of IBS symptoms. More recently I have also developed strange numb sensations in my fingers, toes and other spots, with numbness in my left little toe that never seems to go away. In addition to this, I have had tinnitus for 4 years, which I did not connect to the medication until finding this forum.

After reading the posts here, I decided to go back to a higher dose of medication and try to stabilize before tapering.

Question: Do all these symptoms seem benzo-related?

Hi:

Frank609 is right. I don't profess to know anything about zoloft, but if it were me, I would not taper off of two drugs at one time. Your symptoms can be related just to benzo withdrawal or the SSRi or both. Taper one drug  at a time. Your symptoms are prolly withdrawal and they will get better with time. Betsy

Appreciate the feedback! What you say makes a lot of sense. I am eager to get off everything ASAP b/c of the side effects I mentioned, plus various cognitive problems, but am realizing that's a bad idea. Thank you!