Do we get visible shakes or do we often just feel shakey?

[os...]

I'll explain.

A guy went to the hospital and complained of the shakes, the Dr apparently looked at him straight and said "You are not shaking"...

What's THAT all about?

I get inner vibrations in my legs and yes, I see visible muscle twitches but do we actually visibly shake?

I have had tremors going to sleep but not sure if it was internal or not... I never turned a light on to see if I was shaking visibly... it passed in seconds anyway.

I'll explain.

A guy went to the hospital and complained of the shakes, the Dr apparently looked at him straight and said "You are not shaking"...

What's THAT all about?

I get inner vibrations in my legs and yes, I see visible muscle twitches but do we actually visibly shake?

I have had tremors going to sleep but not sure if it was internal or not... I never turned a light on to see if I was shaking visibly... it passed in seconds anyway.

I get nonvisible internal shaking all the time along with the physically visual ones.  I swear I can feel every atom in my body vibrating.

I do both...

I think I know what you're talking about, I feel it when something I see moves, like doors, or the TV, or walking past certain patterns on the walls, or a checkered floor, etc.. its a visual thing, but then it turns internal and I feel off balance and shakey, but its like its inside, or in my mind, or eyes....

of course, I do the shakey hands and legs and heart a lot too, but you can actually see that...

Im glad you said something, I never seen anyone else mention it..

I'm presently withdrawing from a relatively low dose of clonazapam.  My worst symptom is atakhisia, but I also get "the shakes", particularly in my hands.  And they are real - if I hold my IPhone so I can see the reflection of a light, I can see the shaking in the reflection.  I've found that the amount of shaking correlates fairly closely to my subjective feeling of atakhisia.

My lower legs would get a pulsing vibration at 3 second intervals.  I couldn't feel it to the touch nor could I see it.  About 12 years ago in the height of my interdose w/d on Ativan it felt like the earth was vibrating under my feet.

I also had twitches everywhere & the DR's thought I had MS.  Dumb asses.