made another cut .. 6mgs to 5... think to big of one any thoughts

[Mi...]

i  made  a  cut  almost  or  right  at  a  week  today..  I  was  at  6mgs  of  V  and  went  down to  5mgs  this past  week  ..  im feeling okay  but  a little  worried that  it was  too  large  a  cut  thinking of  going back  to  at  least  5  1/2  and  holding  for  maybe  14  days  ..  im getting  so  tired of this  pill taking  it's  sucking  the  life  outta me  ..  the benzo hugs  scare  me to  death  not  to  mention  I  can  barely  leave my  house  without  thinking  I may  need to  pull over  and  call  the  paramedics  and  omg  the  pressure  headaches  I  cant  keep  taking  Tylenol  every  day  or  every other  day ..

sorry  for  babbling  I  just need  some  advise  on if  that  cut  is too big  ive  been holding  at 6mgs  for  over at  least  a month  and I  wanna  move  on  already  ..  I feel im  delaying  the  process  but I  wanna  be  safe  and  my biggest  fear is  having a  seizure and  I can't  stop  thinking  about it ., that's my obsessive  thought  every  since I  started this  journey  ,  every  headache  or  weird  sensation  is  a  stroke or  a  seizure im  tired  I cant  hold on  much  longer  im  praying  so hard  and long  I  fall  asleep  praying  for  a  little  peace  ...

are  we  in any  REAL DANGER  from the  things we feel from  tapering  and  making cuts ?  maybe I  just  need  some  reassuring  today  .. most  days I  can  make it  and I even  have  very good  days  only to  be  slammed  for the  next  few  days  after  the  good  ones ... 

I know  many  have it  worse than  me  since im  able to  work  most  days  but  I have  exhausted  my time  at  work  and  now  when im  sick I  still  try to  go in  and  push  through  it  , it's  so hard  but I  do it  ..   

[15...]

Hi-

You could be at your lag time, the time from the cut to when your symptoms appear. You are also getting low in V, congrats on that. IMO, you are cutting too much. Have you thought about using titration now? I'm using daily titration and I work full time. There's no way I would be able to do cut & hold and function like I do now (already went down that road as my siggy line shows). They way I am doing it isn't without symptoms, however, they are nothing like cut & hold.

If I were you, I'd go back to 6mg's and hold until you feel better. I'd also post in the titration section and use that method until you are at zero mg's. A much smoother way off, IMO.

edited to add link to titration section:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Hi-

You could be at your lag time, the time from the cut to when your symptoms appear. You are also getting low in V, congrats on that. IMO, you are cutting too much. Have you thought about using titration now? I'm using daily titration and I work full time. There's no way I would be able to do cut & hold and function like I do now (already went down that road as my siggy line shows). They way I am doing it isn't without symptoms, however, they are nothing like cut & hold.

If I were you, I'd go back to 6mg's and hold until you feel better. I'd also post in the titration section and use that method until you are at zero mg's. A much smoother way off, IMO.

edited to add link to titration section:

thank  you  I  will look into  it  ..  im so  ready  to  end  this  whole  ordeal ..  but  proud  to  say  I made  through  another  work  day  :thumbsup:    I  will let  the  dc  know  I  want  to  try  the  titration    and  see  what  she  says  I told  her  I  felt  better on  7mgs  but  she  insisted  I  go  down  to  6  I  did  and  held  now  I  wanna  move  along  but  safely    I have  to be  able to  function to  some  degree  and I  work in  a  high  stress  job  ..  NO  FUN  AT  ALL  .. 

thank you  for  your  reply  ;)

I'm in a Valium taper after many years of Benzos, and my experience has been negative with tapering in 1mg intervals down from 10mg. Too big a cut, and I did it too often (went with doctors orders until it all went pear shaped, now I figure it out on here very very carefully).

I'm currently trying to get things more stable at 5mg, after going a fair way lower. When I do start down again it will be in very small increments using titration. Either daily or possibly weekly drops, but taking anything up to a couple of months to reduce 1mg, and in 0.1mg increments at most, probably more like 0.02 daily. Slower again as I get lower.

I now believe from the experience and wisdom of many on here that you heal on the way down, and the rate of taper is best determined by the level of symptoms experienced and staying functional along the way. This would seem to result in a soft landing without protracted withdrawals of significance. But it's a slow, patient and thoughtful exercise, and requires getting up to speed with titration and then applying this for many months. I won't be starting it until thing settle for me - I've found it difficult to set a good starting point after a bad tapering experience (not the first). Should be really good at it when I finally get there!!

Yea I agree with the above. 1mg is too big a cut at that dose sadly :/

We all want to finish it. You just make the choice how you finish it really. I've chosen the minimal-pain way which is also sadly the long way.

Anyway I recommend checking out the Valium/Diazepam Support thread in the Support Groups section. There are lots of people there who are/have tapering/tapered Valium. Read a few of the first pages to see what some of these people say about there experiences thus far.

I also reckon once you are this dosage micro-tapering will really help. You can do titration, or use liquid valium or use a scale. Again there are people on that valium thread who have lots of detailed knowledge about all those methods with V.

Good luck and Peace

Smiff

If you could, at the low dose you're at now, I'd recommend making 0.5 mg. cuts and holding for at least 3 weeks before making the next cut. The lower you go on Valium the the slower you need to go so your body can adjust. I kept tapering and got to 5 mg. and simply couldn't go lower, so I ended up jumping c/t. Fortunately, I don't have to work, so I was able to deal with the hell that is a c/t acute withdrawal.

I wouldn't wish what I've been going through on anyone. This isn't a race, so please make very small cuts and hold for at least 3 weeks, or longer if you're still not ready. What's important is to keep going down, even if it's a tiny amount and it takes longer than you'd like. The ultimate goal is to get off, so ease off slowly so your final jump will be successful.

Good luck!

thank you  everyone  I  will ask the  doctor  about  going to  ask the  shrink tomorrow  about  switching to  the  liquid  from this  point on  ..  does that  need  water  or  can  I  just  use  a  syringe  and  get my  dosage  ..  im  not  sure  I  don't want to  dry  cut  pills  they  start  to  crumble  and  im  sure im  either  getting to much  or  not enough  some  days  ..  I  agree  the  less  painful the better  since  I  do  need  to  work  ..  hopefully I  can  continue  but  this may  be  beyond  my  control  and  my  job  and  everything  else  may  have to  come to  an  end  ..  its  so  depressing 

[15...]

thank you  everyone  I  will ask the  doctor  about  going to  ask the  shrink tomorrow  about  switching to  the  liquid  from this  point on  ..  does that  need  water  or  can  I  just  use  a  syringe  and  get my  dosage  ..  im  not  sure  I  don't want to  dry  cut  pills  they  start  to  crumble  and  im  sure im  either  getting to much  or  not enough  some  days  ..  I  agree  the  less  painful the better  since  I  do  need  to  work  ..  hopefully I  can  continue  but  this may  be  beyond  my  control  and  my  job  and  everything  else  may  have to  come to  an  end  ..  its  so  depressing

Miami

If you go to this section of the board, all your questions will be answered. Just click on the link and  post a question about Valium titration (you can use whole milk & pills also if you cannot or do not want liquid Valium):

I do liquid daily tapering with the prescription liquid valium. I agree: the thought of all that crumbly tablets and messing with scales every day was enough to put me off. I also didn't want to titrate because it sounded too complicated. As I've watched others explain it I reckon I would have got it. But since I could get the liquid valium on prescription it wasn't an issue :)

This is how I do it (I thought it sounded the easiest at the time and it has proved good for me): http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66185.msg1029233#msg1029233

This Valium support Group has people on it who do every sort of micro-taper - liquid, titration, scales, and are very supportive http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0

Good luck

You'll be feeling better in no time :)

Unfortunately my doctor wants me at 5mgs now since ive bern on it at that level for a week now.. thank goodness im off work for a week and I'll see how I feel .. 1mg down , im actually feeling pretty good ( knock on wood) with minimal discomfort at the moment . I do notice headaches after cuts she did say magnesium would help with that and she is still insisting that I try the neurontin she gave me but im too scared to take any more meds now ..

I dont know what it will do to me or how it would make me feel and since I live alone now that just makes it that much worse.

Thanks for all the info ..:)

5mgs it is ... wish me luck

Yes good luck

Do check out the valium thread. And also search for neurotonin and gabapentin threads. The anti-epileptics are helpful but since they do pretty much what benzos do they often cause withdrawals of their own when trying to get off.

One suggestion you could consider...

I've been taking bioperine - the main component of pepper - to boost absorbtion of curcumin. It is suggested it also boosts absorbtion of benzos. It has been my experience that it has. Possibly by as much as 1mg of Valium. If you aren't stabilising on that dose you could try that and pull the plug immediately if there is any problems.

http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-BioPerine-10-mg-120-Tablets/992#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=bioperin&rc=308&sr=null&ic=1