Reinstatment

[sh...]

Hi:

I am getting in a bad way with my taper.  My doctor wants me to reinstate to a higher dose of klonopin because I have been having withdrawal. I know that everyone says never go back to a higher dose, but I may have no option.  I know that several buddies say they get off despite having horrible times, but how does everyone get their doctors on board?  It seems that when one becomes a liability with withdrawal symptoms, the docs get out the script pad.  How do we find someone to help? I live in a relatively backwater area so there is a syndicate of docs in the area.  Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options.

I had a really bad night a week ago.  I was walking the floor all night saying a lot of psychotic stuff.  It was hard.  I have lost support and I know the withdrawal hell that all of us go through.  I have an appointment with a psych hospital outpatient provider, but I am having second thoughts.  I don't want to lose my current supplier.  I will stay on my current dosing schedule, but it just seems like I am treading water.  I am sleeping, but I am also in tolerance to my current dose. Hard to know what to do. If I switch doctors, I may have someone yank me off hard. I definitely want to avoid that.  I am in a pretty dark place right now.

Kendall

I'm not making any recommendation but I've read other buddies "going along" with the plan while talking at the doctor's office so they keep their supply of benzos safe, but then going at their own rate at home.

I have no advice on how fast or slow to taper, I went c/t off klonopin. Hope things ease up for you soon!  :smitten:

Hi:

Thanks for the reply.  It is hard to fake with my doctor, but I guess I may have to do that for now.  I see that you were on a lot of different psych meds.  What medications were you on and how did you get off of them?  Thanks again!

Kendall

I took one at a time for mild anxiety. Stuff like lexapro for 5 years, then it would poop out and go to effexor for 5 years. After 15 or so years of that they stopped working. The psych doc started me on one, I'd get horrible side effects and they'd switch me to another the next month. This went on for most of 2012. The finale was after all that stuff got me good and screwed up they figured maybe I had mild bipolar (of course, it was just the meds), and then they had my try bipolar meds, which really f&$^%ed me up badly. So bad they gave me benzos to relax! Fantastic!

Got tired of all the stuff that was poisoning me, stopped ttying the last ad c/t and then stopped the benzo c/t. 9 months later I'm recovering from all that experimentation slowly. Feels good to at least know I have a chance to heal by not trying any more of those drugs.