What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

Afighter introduced us to "The Brave Girls Club" and I love it! They posted a "Good News Thread" yesterday. I was immediately uplifted at the stories people shared in their comments about something good that happened to them in the past 24 hours, I had to share it here.

https://www.facebook.com/BraveGirlsClub/posts/10151653862596410

When I tell my son goodnight, we share 3 good things that happened to each of us during that day. Its a very positive way to end the day with the good stuff resonating in your mind.

What good thing would you like to share here that happened to you today?

I'll go first.

I went to a yoga at the gym for the first time in over 2 years. I love yoga, right from the first day my friends "tricked" me into going. I thought we were going for "hangover" breakfast on a Saturday morning. They told me I could just lay on my mat and no one would care, and we would go to breakfast after. Of course I was too embarrassed to lay there, and I did the poses...and LOVED it. I got a membership and went 2-3 times a week for 4 years. I remember my last few visits there, the smell, the sounds the people, the intensity of everything. The last time I went I left in the middle. I couldn't relax and felt like screaming. I didn't realize I was in tolerance withdrawal from Ativan. I kept my membership for a year before I finally canceled it. Like everything going haywire with my personality, things I used to like I avoided...social anxiety was something I knew little about.

When I signed onto this forum, Marthakicks started a thread entitled yoga and gabba. I so wanted to be well...I drove to the gym a couple of times for class...but I couldn't make it in. Even walking to the door one time and returning to my car. I had a yoga video at home so I thought I would try that. Then BB's were posting youtube videos about relaxation....and I saw it, yoga on youtube for anything you can imagine..easy yoga, relaxation, depression, tinnitus...anything. I was thrilled and have yoga'd my way through wd, but still only by myself at home.

When my friend invited me, I was enthusiastic to go. This morning, as it drew time to get ready to go, I became panicky. So familiar with this feeling, still uncomfortable but I know what it is. In tears I gripped my steering wheel in a death grip, tears plopping down. I just go about my business as best I can, this withdrawal can wrack my body all it wants but I am marching on...and on I went. I was a wreck when I got to my friends, and she offered a hug. I didn't try to get comfortable, as it came and went. We got the gym and the form was nervwracking and they wanted to keep my license, and I brought my own mat, but they had community balls and bricks...My OCD wouldn't let me....but I wanted to...I wanted to just feel normal and comfortable but I didn't.

I wring my hands or tap them or rub the sides of my legs in an anxious way when I get like this. I don't even realize I am doing it until someone looks at it then at me as if to say "are you ok?"....no, yes...well I will be, its ok...Im just nervous....So its a gentle practice, almost not really a practice...a lot of retired people there. The energy is good, well except for the lady next to me with all of her equipment right where I need to put my hands...but I tell myself...what else can you do that is in our power to solve this outside of moving her things or making her change, so I just put my arm higher.

The instructor was wonderful. The poses were made with the bricks that I didn't get when we arrived as I told my friend I was good without them. But when I was in a pose, the instructor brought some bricks and put them by me along with the little ball...she didn't say anything to me...I was curious if she saw my tapping or the tears as we were on our back for the most part. I loved the poses with the bricks, all easy.

I was intense the entire time, but I did it. I went and I appreciate my friend so much for facilitating it and making todays victory possible.

That's my good thing that happened today. What's yours?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

First of all, congratulions for tackling your fears and winning !!!  Well done.

I went for a really long walk yesterday morning and felt really exhilarated when I got home. Had a "reasonable" 5 hour work day, and then had a really naughty hamburger for dinner because I got home late after visiting my mother. I haven’t had a hamburger for ages, and it was NICE…lol..  Then I had a lovely cuddle with my cat while I was watching TV, and then had a really good night's sleep. Now I’m having a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Tomorrow I'm going to Seaworld to see the polar bears. So hopefully it will be another very good upcoming 24 hours.

Yes, good on you Sarah, I hope this means that it will be much easier for you to go back.

Today has been gloriously sunny & I have been on a group hike to an abandoned railway tunnel to see glowworms & the cutest little microbats. We had lunch at the regional art gallery & saw some fabulous art, including a great portrait of our female prime minister.

Pam, I love Seaworld & the bears are excellent viewing so am sure you will have a good day, particularly if it's as sunny as today.

Hi ihope

Yes Seaworld was great. It's a few years since I was last there, so there were some new things to see. They were just building Shark Bay last time I was there. However ....... the polar bears were too busy looking at the inside of their eyelids all day yesterday to bother with entertaining anyone. So that was pretty disappointing.

It's not too bad though because we got a really good deal on the 12 month VIP passes. If you buy 4 adult passes you get them for $75 each, and that also includes Movieworld and Wet 'n Wild. So we can go back to Seaworld as many times as we like. Hopefully the polar bears won't be sleeping every time we go there..lol... We'll probably go back a bit later in the year when hopefully the new baby will be out and about.

Went to DC for the weekend. Felt very good Sunday. Had brunch with 5 other people and loved my food so much I gave my compliments to the chef. Felt so relaxed prior to that. No worries. Two days prior to that went on a paddleboat and saw a few of the memorials. On the water could not believe I could ever feel anything but amazing. Healing is taking place.

Made my parents a really nice dinner.

Dad fell asleep in it. I laughed for the first time in months.

Made my parents a really nice dinner.

Dad fell asleep in it. I laughed for the first time in months.

Awww, That's so sweet and quite funny. :)

I was just mowing the grass and hit a stump....bent the shaft on the engine. >:( The good news...Now I have a good excuse to buy a NEW MOWER. 8)

I was just mowing the grass and hit a stump....bent the shaft on the engine. >:( The good news...Now I have a good excuse to buy a NEW MOWER. 8)

Finding the silver lining has a glory all its own! :)

The good thing today was my son appreciation for all of the graduation decorations I put around the house to commemorate his last day of school. I have missed celebrations for important events far too long. Its important to honor the ones you love for mile stones that are important to them. Happy first day of summer break!

Yay for you, mom Sarah. Yesterday, we visited with our 24 YO daughter interstate, saw the Monet exhibition, went op shopping together & had a nice dinner in an arcade with some great jazz buskers nearby.

Tomorrow, I am on a plane again going to a joint birthday party for my husband & one of our closest friends.

After all that fun, I will have to catch up on a lot of work, including doing my belated tax return so I will also be looking to find some amusement in the every day work & chores.

I am finding that sugarless snakes & marshmallows are helping to get through the afternoons on the low cal days so I am grateful for the invention of low cal junk food.

My preteen made a small batch of cookies for mommy and daddy because they were sad. It's the first time she has ever made cookies by herself. If you knew her, you'd know what a huge gesture that was.

Where is the melting heart emoticon on this board?

koko

In the last 24 hours I have gone into the woods to pick morel mushrooms, my daughter and I spent almost 3 hours yesterday searching under the trees for these delicious little morsels.

Then I came home and fried them up for dinner..  :)

It's been 4 years since I've joined my family in this spring ritual..it was a huge step for me. :)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/jaygirl112986/morel.jpg

Molly :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
Felt depressed with agitation and restlessness for a few hours, totally disappeared and went out to dinner with husband and friends. Fun dinner. Came home. Fell asleep easy. Slept for 9 hours. woke up with some mild annoying symptoms. So far so good.

Hi everybody,

what a great thread!

I scratched my dog's ears and watched her enter into a state of bliss,

I saw some beautiful flowers in the garden,

and I watched a movie on tv.

Ah...bliss...

Thanks!

Ig

Great thread! I pushed through afternoon aches and pains and went to pool with my husband and 3 year old son, I swam some laps and the water felt great and my son swam for the first time! 

Awesome thread ...

I went swimming this morning only to find I'd left my swim suit at home  :crazy: I went back to the car and burst into tears ... I cried for the first time since forever  :laugh: :'(, So thats my first bizarrely happy thing  :idiot: ... I then managed to pull myself together and decided it really was worth driving all the way back home and grabbing my swim suit to go back and swim and it was lovely!

It meant I was rushing to get to work but it so didn't matter, work was fine! And I relasied I am doing what is and will be life after benzo's, learning to tolerate my emotions and move on rather than drug myself up not to feel it.  And so I got on with my day and all was well!

I got some much needed housework done (nice to have the motivation to do it).  I was feeling pretty crappy and the housework distracted me and even seemed to eliminate some symptoms.

I read the newspaper and a magazine rather than just being on the computer.

I get to spend a lot of quality time with my cats! 

Listening to a Deva Premal CD right now.

Saw sunshine today.

Cut a rose and brought it inside.

Yeah. Nice.

Sat in my beautiful little backyard with the love of my life after dinner, and we marvelled together at the gorgeous night.

A great thread! Thanks for starting this. My husband is transferring old home videos to DVDs and my kids and us watched a few. We saw a lot of love and happiness and it brought that feeling into our home.

Hi everybody,

the lilies continue to bloom and I brought a couple of stems inside.

The garden is wild and beautiful.

Looks like a nice, peaceful day.

Love this thread.

Thanks,

Ig

[d1...]
I rekindled a relationship with a feuding neighbour. So nice not to be glaring at each other over the fence.  :smitten: