personal titration method needed!!!

[ro...]

I am currently taking .5 mg of klonopin once daily.  I tried cutting a fourth off of that a couple days ago and crashed big time! I find that i have to take it in the morning when i wake up and also towards bedtime but am unable to break up that dosage and i surely do NOT want to take more!  :) 

Hi,

Yes, I can draw up a schedule for you. You will need a measuring cylinder (I recommend 100ml with 1ml increments); a 10ml syringe body is handy, as is a pestle and mortar (a cup and the back of a spoon should surfice); and you will need to supply me with a taper rate and start date.

The taper rate should based upon your past experience of tapering and what you can handle. If you have not tapered before (beyond your recent failed attempt), then plumb for average taper rate and see how it goes. Most people around here taper at about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. 10% over 10 days would be just about bang in the middle. But you need to decide what's best for you. We can always alter a taper rate later if need arises.

I would like to start as soon as possible! i have the equipment and am ready! start date would be may 9th 2008 this friday...or tomorrow obviously lol! 

I want to be safe and start at 10% every 7 days...and see how i handle it from there!

thank you for responding so quikly =)

Well, if you want to be 'safe', 10% over 7 days is at the faster end of what most people can manage. Did you really mean 10% over 7 days, or did you mean longer? I'm just confused by your use of 'safe'.

sorry i meant cut off 10% of the dose every 7 days.....

Hi,

Yes I know. I just thought that you though. . . . oh, it doesn't matter! :laugh:

I'll do this now.

Here you go: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-robert29-2008-05-08.html.

Don't concern yourself with details in the first table - they are mostly for my benefit.

As you dose diminshes, your taper rate automatically slows down. However, at a low dose, this switches to constant rate, otherwise the very end of the taper is drawn out for far too long - this is what the 'absolute cuts' referes to. '0.4' means that at 0.4 of a tablet, the rate becomes a constant rate. This is how it should be at a low dose. ;)

Be sure to print off the schedule!

Add the following to you signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-robert29-2008-05-08.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

It should display like this:

My Titration Schedule.

this might be a ridiculous question but, what is my signature?

Sorry, not ridiculous, but the answer is straightforward - mine says: "4.5mg of Clonazepam for 4 1/2 years. 6 month direct taper. Benzo free since 31st Jan 2003."

To set yours, go to: Profile >> Forum Profile Information (from the menu on the left) >> scroll down to 'Signature' (add the code I provided) >> click Change Profile at the bottom of the page. ;)