Advise on Tritation please

[my...]

Colin:

You and I have talked on the taper board, but I think I would like to try tritation for the end of my reduction.

I am mylosmiles: you gave me the 7.5mg Temazepam reduction over 10 to 15 days.

The problem is the only pills I have are 15mg capsules which we cut in two.  I have already started reducing the .25 on Saturday, not too bad withdrawal (usually worse in the middle of the night).  Should we grind up the 15mg and divide that into two or should we grind up the 7.5 that we have cut ourselves?  and I have a cylinder it goes to 4fl oz with 1/2 marks in between, this should be sufficient don't you think?

Do you find that people who tritrate have smoother withdrawals?  It is difficult to cut the capules in 1/4's so I would like your advice please.

Thanks so much,

Mylosmiles

I forgot to ask, from what I have read, you tritation is reducing very small doseages every day? Someone wrote that they waited until their end dose because they wanted to go off more smoothly?  How does it work?

Also, someone wrote tht Temazepam does not dissolve well do you know this to be true?, but I have a mortor and pestal and whole milk.

Please help me with a schedule for my last one or two doses....

I have replied here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=7832.msg89241#msg89241

I am not sure how well the Temazepam will dissolve - you will have to try this out for yourself.

Dividing a low dose of Temazepam into eighths is a smooth taper. Our titration system is overkill for most people, and almost certainly for you. Your plan on the other threads sounds good to me.