xanax taper

[st...]

Hi i might have to switch to the water titration to get off these xanax

my pills are 0.5 dose i just cut to .125 size 1/4th of a pill

i will hold there for a week then i think i want to reduce to 625

so how would i do that and what would my taper schedule be

all i can figure is if i mix one 0.5 pill in 8 ml of water and drink 1 ml would that equal 625 and how would i go down from 1ml of drink. am i even making sense. maybe i should just let you make me a schedule starting next wed from 625 to get me off this stuff fast... thank you

or do you think it would be safe to just stop at the 125 dose if i am feeling ok..

grrrr decisions

Hi,

Since you have made it this far without us producing a titration schedule for you, then probably you can use a simplified titration schedule as you have outlined. The only difference I would make is to use bigger volume of water - it will make accurate division easier for you. Why not use 80ml, and reduce by 10ml at a time (once a week, or whatever you feel suits you)? You might even reduce by 5ml from 80ml, but make a new reduction twice as often (smaller more frequent cuts are usually better tolerated than larger less frequent cuts). ;)

see i was so sure i had it figured out now those big numbers scare me

can you please make me a schedule starting at the low dose of 625 and make it a quick taper from there since i went from starting at 0.75 to 0.37 to 0.25 to .125 in 14 days.

i will stay on this dose of .125 until wed if all continues well.

thank you

Hi,

I just multiplied your figures by ten. The dose would be the same. Do whatever you feel most comfortable doing. Mine was just a suggestion, but doesn't make lot of difference.

You don't need a lot of complicated numbers. If you want to split your pill into eighths, just do what you posted before.

If you are still unsure, I will address this tomorrow. It's gone 2am here, and I'm off to bed. Bye for now.