Wondering if this would be ok

[pa...]

I want to cut down from where I am now but .25mg may be a little much for me right now. Could I disolve .25mg in 10ml of water, stir well and then drink down 5ml for a total of .125mg? That way I could make the .125 cut because I cant cut my pill into 8ths. And then I'd take my .5mg dry.  Does that sound ok? Is that an ok way to do it?

Amanda

I want to cut down from where I am now but .25mg may be a little much for me right now. Could I disolve .25mg in 10ml of water, stir well and then drink down 5ml for a total of .125mg? That way I could make the .125 cut because I cant cut my pill into 8ths. And then I'd take my .5mg dry.  Does that sound ok? Is that an ok way to do it?

Amanda

Absolutely!

But it would be better to do it in a jar, so you can shake and agitate it really well, and drink it immediately. I"m not great at liquid titration, but it might be easier to mix it up in more water. And you also have to make sure you crush it to as fine a powder as possible.

What you could do is get a six cc syringe, and then mix the powder in 12 cc's of water. Then immediately suck up six cc's, and take that.

I don't know the shelf life on the left over. I don't think it will carry over to your next dose.

Thank you! I want to cut .25mg but at this time it's really not a good idea. I'm not worried about it carrying over into my next dose, just want to make a smaller cut. Have enough pills to carry me over for a while.

I'll make sure to crush it very well and mix it in more water.

Thank you again

Amanda

We quite often suggest doing just this to those that are looking to make just a few extra divisions of their dose right at the end of their taper.

As Eljay suggests, a bigger volume might make it easier to agitate the benzo particles in the water. You might even consider reducing the volume you drink by a quarter each time if you feel this would help.