Serax Titration Taper

[be...]

Ok.  I'm ready to work on my titration taper. I desperately need help with the schedule, so am posting here my answers to the taper questions needed to determine a schedule. 

"The number of tablets (or fractions of tablets) you take per day, and the dose of those tablets. This is especially important if your daily dose comprises of tablets of differing strengths. As a double check, we also ask that you provide us with your daily dose in mg. If you are unsure of the dose, we will work through this with you".

I take one 15 mg capsule of Serax (oxazepam) at bedtime.

"The rate at which you want to taper. We can help you with this on the forum if you are not sure. We can easily alter the taper rate if you later decide it is too fast or too slow".

I want to taper by 1% to start with, and decrease in 2 weeks, or when my body is ok with it (before or after the 2 weeks, dpending on how I react).

"The volume of the cylinder you will be using, preferably 100 ml".

I know ths sounds crazy - does cylinder mean a bottle with ml markings?  A photos or link to a website would be helpful to me for this ( ???sorry...)  I will go out and buy whatever I need to get for this, so please, make recomendations. (I live in the US)

I think this answers the questions from the forum that are needed to be posted as they apply to me at this time. I am really appreciative of all your help.  Thanks SO much everyone. 

Nice and easy does it, I see. You seem to have the right idea.  :thumbsup: Hopefully someone will be along in the not too distant future to help you out with your questions. Good luck.  :)

Tony

Ok.  I'm ready to work on my titration taper. I desperately need help with the schedule, so am posting here my answers to the taper questions needed to determine a schedule. 

"The number of tablets (or fractions of tablets) you take per day, and the dose of those tablets. This is especially important if your daily dose comprises of tablets of differing strengths. As a double check, we also ask that you provide us with your daily dose in mg. If you are unsure of the dose, we will work through this with you".

I take one 15 mg capsule of Serax (oxazepam) at bedtime.

Fine.

"The rate at which you want to taper. We can help you with this on the forum if you are not sure. We can easily alter the taper rate if you later decide it is too fast or too slow".

I want to taper by 1% to start with, and decrease in 2 weeks, or when my body is ok with it (before or after the 2 weeks, dpending on how I react).

1% over what period? You cannot mean 1% every 1-2 weeks, surely? 1% per day would be a reasonable starting point. The amount cut by the spreadsheet formula automatically decreases as your dose decreases anyway. At a low dose it then stays at constant taper (the amount cut no longer decreases as your dose decreases). At low doses, it is not necessary for the amount cut to continue to decrease, and would only unnecessarily draw out the end of your taper anyway (by very many months).

"The volume of the cylinder you will be using, preferably 100 ml".

I know ths sounds crazy - does cylinder mean a bottle with ml markings?  A photos or link to a website would be helpful to me for this ( ???sorry...)  I will go out and buy whatever I need to get for this, so please, make recomendations. (I live in the US)

These are the type of thing you might have used at school in chemistry classes. They are cylindrical (circular cross-section and straight sided, with a pouring lip, and a scale marked on the side). Your local pharmacist probably will be able to supply one for you, or you can find them online from science suppiers, or online pharmacists. I think they are usually less than $10. Also, a 10ml syringe body is useful for finely adjusting your dose.

I think this answers the questions from the forum that are needed to be posted as they apply to me at this time. I am really appreciative of all your help.  Thanks SO much everyone. 

Yes, pretty much all that I need, apart from the start date. I'll work up a schedule once you have the equipment. Give me a couple days notice at least from your start date. ;)

Thanks, Colin.  I ordered a cylinder - it may take 7-10 days to get it.  Once it's here, I'll post here again.  I'm actually relieved I can go a bit faster than I planned.  Thanks for the guidance and help.