Finally free and happy

[me...]

HI everyone, I havent posted on here in many months :( sorry was trying to rid myself of this horrible med. I stopped on 11-25-12 and havent looked back. I spent a couple months going thru hell and am still healing with some minor anxiety issues. I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me along the way as I was alone at home during this entire 2 year process, I did have one person that helped me and I can never thank her enough for standing by me and encouraging me, what she did in a short period of time was more than I have done in about two years of trying and failing. I would come here often and read about other people struggling after they had been off of meds. for a very long time and it would discourage me so I had to stop coming to say hi even though I had the support of everyone here, I apologize but it took some deep digging within myself to finally stop!!!!!!! I have been doing very well and so happy with my new clear mind. If anyone thinks for a moment this is so hard and worries about never stopping, just BELIEVE you can do it. I have been there and it is so hard but there are many people here to help you. Thanks everyone who reached out to me and helped me. The only way I can ever repay you is not turning back and having everyone know that wherever I am I have a huge smile :)

Hi and congrats on your success!  Can you tell us what sys you had?  And at what month you begin to feel better?  This gives us great hope!!!!!

To answer your question I had jumped on 10-25-12 I was down to .5 mgs of Valium at the time and was suffering huge amounts of night time and early a.m. anxiety and slept about 30 mins. every night, I was awakened nightly with a horrible feeling of doom and a crazy feeling I cant explain. It was very bad and had set a goal with a friend of stopping on this date. Whew I'm glad I did because that small amount was tearing me up inside, I still get moments of anxiety but nowhere close to as bad as it was, around December my mind was clearing up and just in January I had at least two good weeks. I know its not over but the feeling I have and attitude that I'm going to be okay makes me so happy.

I'm getting the waves of anxiety all day...CNS is on edge.  Haven't had that happen all or most of the day in quite a while.  Does that happen to you and anyone else?

Sometimes when this happens, I feel like that I'm not healing...and fearful thought set in, especially when I thought that I was pretty much healed.  A symptom that pops up all of the sudden makes me sometimes think that this will continue after I have fully recovered.

• 9 years later...