titration help please

[tr...]

Hi there!

I am looking for a weekly drop schedule.

I seem to manage about 5% right now a week.  The lack of sleep is the worst!

I am on 1.236mg and have come down since dec 1st from 1.75mg of Clonazepam.

Can someone help me with this?

I am doing ok on daily drops of .004mg but would like to try something different.

Thank you!!!

Hi,

I've just replied to your other post, but you appear to have beaten me to it.

I just need to know how you arrive at your present dose (I need to double check your figures so that I'm sure I supply a plan that starts you off at a similar dose), and a start date. Please check the other post for details of the equipment you will need. If the cylinder is different in specification, I will need to know this too.

Thank you Colin  ;D

I have a 250ml cylinder and the peste and mortar and the 10ml dropper.

I have been dropping 2ml a night from 250ml of water and using .5mg pill in water.  Last night I tossed 132ml and drank 118ml more or less.  If it is easier to start at 1.25mg that is fine with me.  I wanted to hold tonight and tomorrow to get my brain back on track.  I take 1mg dry at the moment.  I have access to both pills the 1mg and .5mg...so whatever is easiest.

I think I would like to stick with the .5mg pills.

I know my 2 week drop rate is about 4-5% right now....but do whatever.  I just need to be able to work....and I want off. 

Please feel free to ask me any other questions.

Thank you,

Traci

Hi,

So you titrate a 0.5mg pill by adding to 250ml of water and then consume 118ml - yes? In two days time, you will you will consume just 114ml - yes? I will create a schedule to start on the 7th March. I assume that take an additional 1mg per day on top of the 118ml, yes?

Yes that is perfect.

Just do 100ml it is eaier for me and start me on 1.25mg.  I could use the relief  :P

I think that is easiest.  I would like to try to drop .0625mg per 2 weeks.

Is this possible?

Thank you!!!

Traci

If that is too complicated yes the way you mentioned would work just fine starting 118ml toss but I like the thought of using 100ml of water and tossing a specific amount for the week.

Does this make sense?

Ha ha Silver you making fun of me...sniff sniff!

I know you did a wonderful job cutting away...but I don't know if I can work and do that!

How are u by the way?

Hi Traycee,

I'll set this up tomorrow for you. I think I now have all the information I need. If I understand correctly, you want to use just 100ml of the 250ml cylinder, and it is marked with 2ml increments - this is fine.

Yes that is perfect.

Just do 100ml it is eaier for me and start me on 1.25mg.  I could use the relief  :P

I think that is easiest.  I would like to try to drop .0625mg per 2 weeks.

Is this possible?

Hi Traci,

This equates to just 5% cut over two weeks - this is very slow, and is half the rate you suggested in an earlier post:

I seem to manage about 5% right now a week.

I will devise a schedule for any rate you wish (within reason), but unless your past experiences tell you differently, you probably can taper a good deal faster than this. 10% cut every week or two is what most people can manage. At what rate have you been tapering of late? How did you feel?

10% every 2 weeks is fine go for it!  :thumbsup:

I can hold where need be.

Thank you so much.

I have been doing 5% but I know I can go faster.

Thank you  :yippee:

Or you can do .0625 every 2 weeksish too is fine also.

I do work and need to be stable but I can introduce a hold where needed.

So either one is fine 10% is prob the best.

Thanks again

Or you can do .0625 every 2 weeksish too is fine also.

I do work and need to be stable but I can introduce a hold where needed.

So either one is fine 10% is prob the best.

Thanks again

0.0625mg cut from 1.25mg is just 5%. I will work a schedule for 10% cut over two weeks (it can always be adjusted if need be). Experience suggests that people can manage a faster overall taper rate when titrating small reductions to their dose, so 10% cut over two weeks is worth trying.

Go for it!

For clarification will it be one drop and then hold for 2 weeks and so on on droping 10% taking out a bit each day or every couple days?

Oh heck just give me what u got I just want off this junk  :laugh:

Hi,

Here's your schedule. The taper rate is 10% OVER 14 days; you do not make fortnightly cuts of 10%. Frequent small cuts are better tolerated than infrequent larger cuts. ;)

OK, you will notice that you start off from 2.427 (0.5mg) tablets. This equals 1.236mgs. You will notice that you titrate one of your tablets, and take two more 0.5mg tablets per day (your could, of course, take one 1mg tablets instead). The thing to remember is that the schedule is based upon the use of 0.5mg tablets. You titrate one pill, drink the amount indicated in 'ml column, and additionally take the number of 0.5mg tablets indicated in the 'tabs' column. On your first day, you will drink 46ml from the 100ml (dispose of the other 54ml), and take two 0.5mg tablets too.

If you wish, instead of throwing away the 54ml, you could take your day 2 dose from this - less waste.

Your titration schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-traycee-2008-03-07.html

Place this is your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-traycee-2008-03-07.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

It will display like this in your signature:

My Titration Schedule.

Print off your schedule, and be sure to check it each day - your dose will be changing nearly every day at first.

Thank you Colin-

I am a little chicken because I work full time and have been managing a 5% drop with holds...so I may wait one more day before I move forward.  Thank you so very much.  I wish I had the bal** to just cut .125mg like most of these amazing people here!!!!

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Hi Traycee,

Most people report having an easier time with daily or near daily cuts over the occasional larger cut. You should be fine, and if you at any stage you would like to slow your taper, I can post a new schedule for you. ;)