:thumbsup: OK CLASS SHARPEN YOUR PENSCILS

[si...]

ok i want everyone to take out a sheet of paper

now on that paper i want you to make of list of things you enjoy - it can be music, t-v, reading, walking - whatever.

once a day at anytime make sure that is part of your day.

if you cannot come up with one single thing - then just put down getting off this drugs.

ok i want everyone to take out a sheet of paper

now on that paper i want you to make of list of things you enjoy - it can be music, t-v, reading, walking - whatever.

once a day at anytime make sure that is part of your day.

if you cannot come up with one single thing - then just put down getting off this drugs.

I like that Silver, very good advice, and I will take it. By the way, I love that red! It's so easy to read.

yep bold helps - but red is one of the brighter colors - some are not as easy to read.

thank you - i hope it will add to people's recovery - cause it is easy to get lost in the side effects -

yep i have learned yellow is cheerful - but little more then a faint splash on the screen.

you know that thumbs up thingy is another hard one to get. :D i didn't even cut and paste that one either.

Well, I'm off to bed Silver. I have to try and get to bed a little earlier. Been going so late, then getting a late start in the am. I just want to get back to my old patterns. Early to bed, early to rise!

Sweet Dreams :)

ok well it is 2:14 AM and it has come to my attention that i am very thankful i have sleep supplements and i am even more thankful when i remember to take them - - which i just did - so i hope to be asleep in an or - maybe an hour or  more. :(

ok here is an exercise i do - especially when my spirits are low.

i say out loud in bed everything i am thankful for before going to sleep - i feel that is important even if i don't feel it.

prior to doing that i realize i do have a lot to be thankful for - if you don't think you do then make a list of how things could be worse - that may help you to focus on what IS working in your life.

you will not be graded on this cause it will take a while for it to sink in. ;)

Hi Silver,

This really is an amazing exercise. Deepak Chopra talks about doing this daily, and how gratitude is so healing, mentally and physically.

Thanks for posting this. :)

It's hard at first, and you may not feel anything, but just do it, and like you said, it will slowly sink in to your whole being.

I need to practice what I'm preaching here! 

:yippee: thank you linda - i thought that i invented that - but i must of read it somewhere.  it really does work and sometimes i do it with a smile on my face because i know i am a brat when i am not grateful - many would look at me and say wow you really have it hard or look at me and say - gee i wish i was that lucky - it is all on how you see it.

the truth is somewhere in between - yep i have had it really hard - and yep i am very lucky.

OK, I am going to try it tonight. I have been "told" this (by books) many times but have never done it. Since it comes from you, silver, I have to do it. :thumbsup:

Will let you know how far I went.

hi benzonomore - yes affirmations help - i used to do that a lot when i was active in AA - they help to retrain the mind - and my mind definitely benefits from retraining and putting it on a positive track - even when i am not feeling positive.

hi benzonomore - yes affirmations help - i used to do that a lot when i was active in AA - they help to retrain the mind - and my mind definitely benefits from retraining and putting it on a positive track - even when i am not feeling positive.

Yep, "retrain the brain"...I say that all the time.  I used to talk to myself and say the same things over and over till I eventually believed it.  "Fake it till ya make it." :)

so what are some of the things we are thankful for?

i am thankful i found this site

i am thankful to be off benzo's

i am thankful that i am more at peace then i have been in a long time

i am thankful for my health

my cup of chicory

my music

my fridg is full

my home

my friend

my family

but most of all i am thankful for my sanity :yippee:

ok say we are getting just a little bit too thankful - well then we can make a list of all the things we want to improve on - then take that list and pick just one thing and work on it.