ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

I guess I will have to get the stuff together,buy online.. could someone make a list. then I  have to talk the dr into it. have until nov. 28th. thank you

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Depends what you are trying to do. Most people here that use titration have 100ml cylinder marked off 1ml intervals. You will also need a pestle and mortar (some manage with a cup and the back of a spoon). If you water instead of milk, you will need one of the mini eclectic blenders to 'whiz up' the liquid before you make any reductions. This will ensure an even distribution of the powder in the liquid. Remember, the benzos must ground up as fine as possible.

Titration instructions

thank you Colin, did I do this right? Am I in the right spot?

I have ordered my titration supplies, am going to double ck them to make sure they are coming, then will need instructions. I have some printed out and my sister will help me get everything right

Hope you have a good nite and day tomorrow.

Lynne

Hi,

Yes, you are on the correct board - I'd forgotten that you had already started a thread here. :thumbsup:

I've only popped in because I could not sleep. I will be back tomorrow - we can start to go thorough then things if you are ready.

Take care.

• 3 weeks later...
I FOUND IT!! ok, colin and others am on 275 mg seraquel and think I reached point of stability on it last night very very anxious Do you have something you can email to me I am not sure i have anything from you. My daughter is coming home from Main DEc 21 and will help me start titrating.  i am going to tesst this again

Hi,

You'll have to refresh my memory about your titration needs. I'll need to know the taper rate (we can help you decide upon a rate if you need the input); the size of your cylinder; the increments marked on the cylinder; and the start date. ;)

yes I think I need a schdule for seraquel at 25 mg (rate) to start at 750mg

is it possible to do a schedule at this rate? I think I have everything, morta pestle,50 ml cylinder small medicine ( chidrens grad cylinder, ) a mixer, which goes so fast! If you could, can you send it  to my email <edited>@yahoo.com, no ruch. I think I hit my stabiity point last night  on seraquel, if you think I can do 10%, I would start with that I am holding for a while.

Edited out e-mail address for member's own protection.

Hi,

10% over what period of time? For example, we talk about cuts of 10% every 14 days, but with titration it would 10% over 14 days.

Also, I need to know how many pills you use, and to make sure that all the pills are the same dose. If you use a combination of pills, I need to know their doses.

Also, what graduations are marked on the cylinder?

I think I have to stay with the 25 mg rate. I (hit the wall) last night, backed up to the 750 and have been good today. Unfortunately I am a dunce when it comes to figuring out this board., thats why I ask for the schedule if you would be so kind to email it....thank you, heard you werent so well, I am sorrry about that . I  have plenty of time. thank you thank you thank you. when you have time, tell me about yourself, where you live, how old you are, etc. I am 57, live in central california,,near Fresno ... have a good nite

Hi Ceeelyn,

You need to answer the questions from my last post for me to work up the titration schedule for you.

At the top right hand corner of the forum, you will see a link 'Show new replies to your posts'. By clicking this link it will display all threads (topics) that you have posted to that have had new replies since you last viewed them.

If you go to your profile, you will find a link at the bottom that will display all your past posts for you.

I hope those two hints help you find your way around here.

my schedule

thyroid                      .075 morning

Paxil                        30 mg morning

diazepam                  15 mg morning          12.5 mg noon    40 mg night

seraqual                    100 morning              50 mg noon    100 mg night

trazadone                                                                        50 mg night

I dont know whether I told you but I tried to reduce 25 mg seraquel, hit the wall, and had to go back up.  so starting point is 25 mg

Thank you for keeping track of me I really appreciate it so much, going out shopping this afternoon.  what do you think about me taking off another 25 mg of valium.  Last time I tapered valium was 11/23  2at 12.5mg when I start titrating I will nolonger taper valium..

Hi Lynn,

If you are feeling up to it, I don't see why you can't make a .25mg cut off the Valium.  Listen to your body.  That's what's important.

Love,

Sandy :smitten:

hi ceelun,

Are you talking about making a 25 mg cut or a .25 mg cut??? .24 as Linda says is reasonable, considering the doses you are taking.  25 mg is a whopping reduction!  You might want to consider which dose you want to reduce first.  I see that the majority of your valium intake is at night.  Would you be comfortable in doing a small reduction with that one first? 

Take Care,

XXXXX

Christine/Bluemoth

Hi Ceeelyn,

Sorry I am budging in, but I was wandering why you are titrating seroquel. Does it come in not-easy-to-cut pills? (I've never used it.)

What is the dose of your Seroquel pills, in mg? Are they all the same dose? How many in total do you take?

Did you decide what rate of cut you'd like to go (example: 10%) and over how many days (example: 10, 14, any number you feel comfortable)?

I am sorry I am asking too many questiuons but I think Colin needs to have these answers in order to make you a schedule. Just have a look at my Titration Shedule, in my signature line, to get an idea how it will look. I started with 3 pills, 0.5 mg each. My taper rate is 3% over 14 days.

Also, your baby syringe needs to have increments in ml not tsp (they usually have both). They give these for free at the pharmacy cointer of the drug store.

Let us know your answers. Good luck Ceeelyn.

Love from tanya  :)

hi ceelun,

Are you talking about making a 25 mg cut or a .25 mg cut??? .24 as Linda says is reasonable, considering the doses you are taking. 

Take Care,

XXXXX

Christine/Bluemoth

Hi Christine,

think you meant Sandy? :)

Tanya,

I personally take seroquel too 100mg pills and have been cutting 25% ever other week the last 4 weeks. They are not too hard to split with a good pill cutter. They actually cut nicer than my .5mg Klono.

I'm down to 50mg.

I dont know whether I told you but I tried to reduce 25 mg seraquel, hit the wall, and had to go back up.  so starting point is 25 mg

Thank you for keeping track of me I really appreciate it so much, going out shopping this afternoon.  what do you think about me taking off another 25 mg of valium.  Last time I tapered valium was 11/23  2at 12.5mg when I start titrating I will nolonger taper valium..

Lynn,

I am responding to your p/m.  Please update your signature with your current medications and doses. It will make it easier on us to help you determine what your next cut off the Valium might be.  Please click on the green "profile" tab under the shout box.  That will take you to a screen that will allow you to add a signature line.  See the options on left. 

Sandy :)

ceeelyn - can you start a blog - it is easier then trying to track you down - i want to to say

CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR JOB  :yippee:

to start your own block just go to the general page for the forum - scroll down to "BLOGS" - click on blog - then click on new topic.

you would be the new topic and it would be your blog.

good luck with your taper and blog  :)

Hi Ceeelyn,

I still need some information from you:

1) What dose are the tablets you use?

2) what divisions are marked on the cylinder?

3) Please confirm your daily dose - 275mg per day, yes?

Sorry I am budging in, but I was wandering why you are titrating seroquel. Does it come in not-easy-to-cut pills? (I've never used it.)

Ceeelyn asked me for help with titration of Seroquil via a PM. I said would try to help.

I am sorry I am asking too many questions but I think Colin needs to have these answers in order to make you a schedule. Just have a look at my Titration Shedule, in my signature line, to get an idea how it will look. I started with 3 pills, 0.5 mg each. My taper rate is 3% over 14 days.

Absolutely. I cannot work out a titration schedule without this information.

Ceeelyn, I also need the answer to another question:

4) What taper rate do you wish to follow?

I cannot help you decide a sensible taper rate, as I will only give suggestions concerning benzos, as that is where my experience lies. I can help with the practical side of putting together a titration table, but it must be based upon the information you supply to me. Also, I am assuming that you doing this with your doctor's knowledge and approval. Some of the members here may be able to help you with a sensible taper rate, but I cannot.

It might be useful if you can tell us a little more about why you are looking to quit Seroquil.