Today I am learning acceptance

[ge...]

Dear Friends,

Today I am learning to stop comparing myself with others and to accept who I am and what is. I am trying to focus on the positive things in my life --my music, my husband, my home, instead of on the pain. I am trying to be the best I can be and not worry about the fact that I am not the same well person I was last year. I am focusing on trying to heal from the Graves' disease and on my taper. I celebrate myself today and the slow progress I am making.

Love,

Genie

Hi Genie,

You've quit before, so you know you can do it again. It is difficult to remain positive during withdrawal, but you have friends and support here.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the encouragement. It's true that I've quite before, so I have to keep telling myself I'll do it again, but boy am I tapering slowly. I think I am becoming the Arch Turtle these days!

Hugs,

Genie

Hi again, Colin,

I really should proofread my posts. I used to be an ace typist, and now I occasionally make silly typos, since my fingers work faster than my brain -- lol. I meant to write that I've "quit" before.

Hugs,

Genie

Nothing compared to my typos! I regularly leave out words, such as 'not'. Of course that usually totally transforms what I intend to write. It can lead to misunderstanding and embarrassment! :-[::)

Hi Colin,

I used to work as both a legal and a medical proofreader, and, when you're a legal proofreader, leaving out the word "not" can totally change the meaning of a contract. Arghh! But, all of us make typos from time to time. My best one was "I will contact you as soon as pissible."

Love,

Genie

• 1 month later...
ok positive i think i am returning to some kinda of circadian rhythms. going to bed earlier and waking earlier - i'm kinda liking it - thought i was nocturnal - and may think so again - but right now sleeping well (for two whole days) and waking early.