Klonopin Taper- only 3 months on, 6th month of taper

[ir...]

Decided to do a modification of my doctor's taper plan.  He wanted me to go to 0.25 for 2 weeks, then 0.25 every other day, with 0 mg on the opposite days, then stop.  Instead I decided on this plan:

2 weeks 0.25

1 week 0.25/0.125 switching every other day

1 week 0.125

1 week 0.125/0.06 switching every other day

1 week 0.06

1 week 0.06/0 switching every other day

JUMP

I know switching the dose every other day has mixed reviews but so far it has been working out for me.  I have been having intense mood swings throughout the day.  I guess waves and windows, but i am pushing through.  I am so ready to be off, started tapering in january and feel like this is DRAGGING.  Thanks for any and all support!

I’m glad you’ve modified your doctors plan, this is your life and your taper you should be in charge of it.  Its good you’re aware of the every other day issues with blood serum levels but you’re not leaving yourself high and dry on the other day so I’m glad to hear it’s working so far. 

You’ve done a fairly rapid taper, how is it working for you?

It’s definitely been a challenge. I find myself dealing with anxiety pretty much every day. I’ve found reading up on the science behind my anxiety seems to help a lot. The weirdest part of this process is that around dinner time 5/6pm and when I am on vacations or trips away from home my anxiety goes away. I don’t know if it’s just distraction or what but it’s been a pretty crazy experience.

As the day wears on, our cortisol levels drop, most members feel better in the evenings.  And distraction is wonderful isn’t it, when we can occupy our mind on something besides our symptoms, we feel better, no wonder people say this is all in our heads.  :tickedoff:

Good for you for looking at your anxiety dispassionately, I would imagine understanding it helps fight the fear of it.