Insulin resistance and metformin

[fu...]

So, a functional/integrative doctor looking at my blood work said I was with insulin resistance. She prescribed me metformin.

I am still polydrugged using the drugs listed in my signature. Can metformin be a good idea? She said that it helps with other stuff such as mitochondrial health I guess, she also said that biohackers use this stuff even without diabetes.

Is this med safe for those who have an oversensitive brain caused by pregabalin and diazepam?

Metformin does have symptoms while your body is getting used to it- nausea, diarrhea being the main symptoms. They go away in about a week if you take it consistently.  I don't take it myself, but work for a Pediatric Endocrinologist.  She prescribes it all of the time to teens who are at risk of developing Diabetes.  Most of the kids seem to tolerate it well and there is an XR version if you are having trouble tolerating it. Most docs do start you off low and titrate up from there.  If it's not bothering you, then I would just leave it alone.  Metformin is not controlled, so you don't have to taper it- the doc I work for calls it Vitamin M.  LOL

I can't speak to the oversensitive brain or those on Pregabalin.  The docs are going to tell you it's not a problem.  I feel like you have to approach this like anything else.  Do lots of research and make the best decision for you.

Hugs to you!