Taper advice short-term Lorazepam user

[5d...]

[5d...]

Hi everyone!

I have been on Lorazepam for 2 months and one week for sudden sleep anxiety. This includes 2 weeks of tapering. I have been on this benzo for longer than suggested because I was on a waiting list for an appointment with a psychiatrist. He has put me on Sertraline 3 weeks ago for OCD.

I was on 2mg for one week and then on 1mg for 6 weeks before starting my taper. My psychiatrist told me to quit CT but I begged for a tapper plan

Taper plan:

Day 1 - 5: 0,9

Day 6-10: 0,8

Day 11-12: 0,7

Last night: 0,6

I felt like decreasing 0,1 mg every 5 days was taking long because I’m a fairly short-time user. I want to be off these benzo’s asap but I want to do it safely.

Wd symptoms: slight tinnitus and not sleeping too well. Around 5-6 hours but I do wake up once or twice. However, my sleep isn’t getting worse while lowering the mgs. I have tried 0,5 in my 3rd week of using but it wasn’t doing anything, so I’m happy I’m now getting closer.

Is this a good sign?

Do you think I’m going too fast?

My doctor wants me to jump of 0,5 mgs but shouldn’t I try 0,25 first?

Thank you

I know about the Ashton Manual but I want to avoid getting on another benzo if possible.

Thank you!

Do you think i’m going too fast.

Your symptoms seem to be saying you're going at just the right speed.  The fact that you're sleeping isn't getting worse is a good sign.  Not everyone will have difficult withdrawing from these drugs so you may be one of the lucky ones or your body hasn't gotten dependent yet.

As for when to jump, I'd listen to my body and make that decision for myself.