A window yesterday and a wave today.

[De...]

How do you survive through a wave once you have felt a window. It just seems so unfair. I am still tapering slowly and did not adjust me meds at all. How can it be so different day to day. Any tips to survive? Please no triggers only positives.

There are times we can't assign a reason for how we feel and it's so frustrating because we need to know what to avoid or what to change so we won't have to feel bad.  I only had one window and it lasted seconds but I've read members say that living through a wave is worse after experiencing a window, its that much more cruel.

We do survive it and we do heal but I know the fear well.  My friend is going through this, he's on the mend but every couple of weeks he heads back into a wave and I can see and hear it.  When he's in a window, he's his positive self, life is good and he's happy but the second that wave descends on him he's full of fear, anxiety, hopelessness and pain.  I sometimes feel we could handle this better if not for the mental chaos that overwhelms us, I mean we've all experienced pain in our lives and have found ways of dealing with it the mental makes it so much harder.

The fear and anxiety cannot be described to someone that has never gone through this process.

How much I wish there was some magic cure I could give you or something I could say that would take all your pain away.

You, yes YOU, WILL SURVIVE THIS. Something that seemed to help me a tiny bit (even though it felt silly), was to look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that I am strong, that I DO HAVE IT IN ME.

“One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.”

― Abraham Maslow