Tired of Smelling Like Dirty Gym Shorts!

[Fa...]

Hi All,

I don't know about anyone else, but if I have to smell myself anymore during this process, I'm gonna kick myself outta the house.

This is brutal!  How can one smell this bad and stand being around themselves?  I know it is part of this process...and, how many showers can a person take?  Especially when, for one, I have a hard time wanting to crawl into the shower while feeling fear of it.

Insignificant complaint...but, I am sooo over it already, and I wanted to rant about it.  Honestly, when this is over, so much of my 'withdrawal garb' is gonna be trashed or burned.  Can you really ever get this out of the fabric?  Like, really?  I don't think so!  Plus, I do have my 'withdrawal outfits'...same 'ol stuff I wear over and over.  A closet full of nice clothes just hanging there...waiting to see life once again.  Will have a 'burning' party when this is all finished with.

Warmly,

F

Faith, I remember having a smell of rotting vegetation following me around during my first withdrawal. I also developed a fear of being undressed, showers, baths. Since I was prescribed benzos again 9 weeks ago I think I've only changed my clothes 3 times plus I sleep in them too!!!  ???:( how strange that as I'm typing this!! My daughter has walked in to the room with a clean pair of corduroy jeans and t-shirt for me!!!

Hi Dido,

I have worn my WD uniform for several days at a time.  The thought of putting on jeans or anything restrictive...well, I just can't do it.  And, none of my clothes fit me now.  I've lost a lot of weight.  So nice of your daughter to be helping you with this when she herself is not feeling well either.

Ya...the smell of this withdrawal process is like nothing I've ever experienced.  It is horrible.  Grosses me out completely.  It's like being sprayed by a skunk...like pheromones...I don't feel like I can get it off.  Now, my sense of smell is probably heightened, too.  But, I am just really disgusted by it. 

I am still in the thick of things over here...really nauseous and dizzy...very agitated.  I do hope you are pushing through this the very best you can.  Have been thinking of you.  I am keeping my interaction lesser at this time.  When I get a good moment or hour and I feel like I can invest some energy, I will.  Otherwise, I am really trying to stay quiet.

Sending you much Love, Diana.

Warmly,

F

It's my hearing that's really sensitive, Faith! I have to use ear plugs as just hearing the dog drinking water causes a whoosh of adrenaline and the whole panic thing starts. The quietest of noise out of the blue sounds like a bombs gone off. Yes my poor daughter is still trying to support me the best she can even through her own suffering. I just long for this rocking boat sensation to go away so I can get mobile again and help my child the way she's helping me. It breaks my heart.

No problem Faith take all the time you need x x x x x will still be sitting here wondering how you are. You're never more than a thought away.

Yes! Our senses can get overly heightened in this and I can smell something theee floors away (I live in townhome), and my mom who visits says she can’t. Our body thermometers struggle thru this and how we are regulating hormones in our body is trying to get back to normal. This is all par for the course and just know things will regulate again!! Promise. For us females it’s harder too with our monthly cycle hormones all out of whack too sometimes…. I told my mom, I smell so bad and I just showered a few hours ago and she said I really can’t smell anything and I’m sitting right next to you. Made me feel like ok our noses are on high alert like sounds and brightness for our eyes… all has calmed down for me a lot towards the end of this taper. Your body will normalize again and you’ll go back to feelong and smelling just fine!

Think of the smell as I’m getting the dang benzo out of my body smell… let it all get the heck out of here so it’s a good thing! (Bc our bodies trying to regulate again are a good thing, I know though it’s such a painful process). Hang in there and know you’re in good company with all of these crazy symptoms!