Please help educate me on withdrawal...

[ge...]

I am currently struggling so bad with my lorazepam taper/withdrawal. I’ve researched so much to try and educate myself with what’s going on and do the best things I can for myself through this process. I’m wondering if you guys can explain some (maybe stupid or obvious sounding) questions I have about benzos and withdrawal:

For reference, I started at 3mg lorazepam total, tapered to 2.5mg (0.5mg @5pm, 2mg @11:30pm) held for 10 mins and now I’m having nasty withdrawals.

1. I went too fast recently from 0.5mg to 0.25mg and had insane withdrawals. I was so desperate that I updosed back to 0.5mg which stabilized things for two weeks, and then I started withdrawing from that dose. I got so scared I updosed again to 0.75mg and I don’t feel better at all and I still have nasty effects. Question: can the body stop responding to the medication even if you increase it again? Is this what paradoxical means? Is it what they mean by neurotoxicity? Is it just tolerance and there’s no turning back now?

2. Can someone explain to me the differences between tolerance, interdose, rebound withdrawals are?

3. If I am already withdrawing from my current dose, then if I was to consider a cross taper to diazepam (recommended many times to ease my situation), wouldn’t I still have to deal with lorazepam’s withdrawal while I cross over? Could introducing a new benzo while I’m already withdrawing from this and can’t updose successfully cause more problems. I don’t want to rock the boat more.

4. I have been suggested to split my doses more for steady blood levels. I’m scared to do this because I fear that if I get less med over the course of the day instead of a big dose at once, I’ll suffer more. Any advice on this?

5. Based on my current dose timing, am I at risk of dangerous or life threatening withdrawal symptoms? Is this why spreading the doses is recommended, especially for shorter acting benzo?

6. Since my body is already in chaos, I always feel that any change should be done super gradually. How could I apply this to splitting up my doses? Do I really start wake up tomorrow and start? Or gradually take away from the current doses to create a morning one?

7. Finally, symptom-related. Has anyone experienced chemical sensations in their head in withdrawal? Almost like a hot and cold sensation or a head rushing sensation, literally feels like you’re sick inside your brain it’s disgusting..I’ve never been able to read about what I’m describing, except for brain zaps or shivers which I also had but this chemical feeling is different. Can anyone relate? It feels really scary and unbearable and makes me feel like it’s not safe to experience it.

Thank you so much I appreciate any feedback.

[c2...]

Hi,

maybe others will pitch in, but if you need a buddy send me a PM.

Naf1983

I am currently struggling so bad with my lorazepam taper/withdrawal. I’ve researched so much to try and educate myself with what’s going on and do the best things I can for myself through this process. I’m wondering if you guys can explain some (maybe stupid or obvious sounding) questions I have about benzos and withdrawal:

For reference, I started at 3mg lorazepam total, tapered to 2.5mg (0.5mg @5pm, 2mg @11:30pm) held for 10 mins and now I’m having nasty withdrawals.

1. I went too fast recently from 0.5mg to 0.25mg and had insane withdrawals. I was so desperate that I updosed back to 0.5mg which stabilized things for two weeks, and then I started withdrawing from that dose. I got so scared I updosed again to 0.75mg and I don’t feel better at all and I still have nasty effects. Question: can the body stop responding to the medication even if you increase it again? Is this what paradoxical means? Is it what they mean by neurotoxicity? Is it just tolerance and there’s no turning back now?

2. Can someone explain to me the differences between tolerance, interdose, rebound withdrawals are?

3. If I am already withdrawing from my current dose, then if I was to consider a cross taper to diazepam (recommended many times to ease my situation), wouldn’t I still have to deal with lorazepam’s withdrawal while I cross over? Could introducing a new benzo while I’m already withdrawing from this and can’t updose successfully cause more problems. I don’t want to rock the boat more.

4. I have been suggested to split my doses more for steady blood levels. I’m scared to do this because I fear that if I get less med over the course of the day instead of a big dose at once, I’ll suffer more. Any advice on this?

5. Based on my current dose timing, am I at risk of dangerous or life threatening withdrawal symptoms? Is this why spreading the doses is recommended, especially for shorter acting benzo?

6. Since my body is already in chaos, I always feel that any change should be done super gradually. How could I apply this to splitting up my doses? Do I really start wake up tomorrow and start? Or gradually take away from the current doses to create a morning one?

7. Finally, symptom-related. Has anyone experienced chemical sensations in their head in withdrawal? Almost like a hot and cold sensation or a head rushing sensation, literally feels like you’re sick inside your brain it’s disgusting..I’ve never been able to read about what I’m describing, except for brain zaps or shivers which I also had but this chemical feeling is different. Can anyone relate? It feels really scary and unbearable and makes me feel like it’s not safe to experience it.

Thank you so much I appreciate any feedback.