Really upset stomach

[di...]

Hi, is anyone having a really upset upper stomach from above the bellybutton  up? I'm having lots of bubbling and gurgling noises and a feeling of heat in there and also nauseous and constant hunger pangs. Its shocking!!

Thank you!!

Diana

Hi, is anyone having a really upset upper stomach from above the bellybutton  up? I'm having lots of bubbling and gurgling noises and a feeling of heat in there and also nauseous!

Thank you!!

Diana

I had multiple gut issues during withdrawal. I make sure I try every day to make my gut happy. I take fermented whey liquid, fiber suppliments, eat some fruit and kale everyday. Eventually after awhile i startet to get a sence of wellbeing in my stomic. Have you heard of the brain/gut connection?

All the best.

Hi, yes I have heard of the brain gut connection but not sure what's safe to take during withdrawal to help. I keep seeing about certain supplements etc that can make symptoms worse  :(

Thank you

Diana

• 2 weeks later...

All very common and I’m sorry you’re experiencing these. Yes supplements when your systems are sensitized and some of us more than others can feel worse with supplements.

I’ve had a lot of trouble with tummy stuff from day 1 of taking K. Here is what I detailed out for someone else…

Gluten free can help the bloating and painful gas pains

Sometimes dairy is a recipe for cramping and nausea if you have a lot. If you don’t not necessary to get real strict on this..

Sugar free- this helped my brain stuff more than my tummy bc any sugar made my brain hurt badly and other stuff intensify. Again not necessary to get super strict on this but if down the road you can tie oh I ate that cookie and now my tummy is super upset, see if cutting most sugary stuff out helps x Whole Foods less processed really can help us who struggle with benzo belly a lot in this.

Cutting gluten or reducing a lot can be helpful.

Here is what I eat daily if it helps you in any way-

Gluten free toaster waffles keto version (helped my benzo blood sugar issues stabilize vs the reg waffles)

Frozen wild blueberries

Boiled chicken (I have to have protein every meal, never was my norm to eat chicken for breakfast!)

Lunch- chicken, sweet potato, organic green beans from

Bag in microwave , unsweetened apple sauce

Dinner- chicken, 1 minute in a cup microwave brown rice, green beans or asparagus, apple sauce

I used to be a person that could eat 90% of food, no issues. This journey well things changed maybe bc we have so many gaba receptors in our guts, neurotransmitters, but brain axis link, affects our muscles which impacts digestion… so many things that could play a part. I have had stomach ultrasound and endoscopy and apart from small hiatal hernia all is fine. Have had samples assessed and blood with done…. No indicators it’s something else other than the gut getting out of whack from this process.

I have recently started adding back in some foods bc I was so sick of the same thing and over and it’s good to get s variety of veggies for our guts to try to get better in this. Slow and steady adding in and discomfort is to be expected bc for 2 1/2 yrs I ate the same stuff bc it’s all I could tolerate. Just did what I could.

For nausea I take a heating pad (some have batteries and don’t need to be plugged in), everywhere all day, in car, everywhere and all night. I was dry heaving and nausea was just constant for me thru this but finally better!

Acid type reflux but painful and just pressure from my stomach was very intense for awhile on and off…. I had to walk around and stretch out my tummy and this was very hard bc it made me not want to eat. Had to take s long hour or so to get very small meals down but gotta do what we need to get food in us. So small bites small amount and just more frequent thru day.

I use digize essential

Oil one or two drops mixed with s capful of fracjtoned coconut oil and dip my fingertip in that and rub clockwise on my belly below rib cage and lower abdomen and this helped the acid issue and digestion bc one minute I was constupsted the next the opposite. Typical part of this the odd snd on opposite digestion patterns, 🙄.

Elevating my head part of the bed a few inches.

Sleeping on right side my first year helped with severe nausea but then had to switch to left side bc holy moly it reversed on me.

Then for awhile I had to sleep in a chair due to all the tummy issues. This has improved and I can lay down again.

Heating pad during night helped with nausea and stabbing pains I have. Just brings down a notch. Rubbing my tummy sometimes helps. I just rub in a clockwise motion. I have bulges that pop out of my tummy that are painful and dr thinks it is just the slow movement of food thru the belly that expands.

I only drink water bc anything else did my tummy in.

Lastly I used to eat toast with svacado or almond butter two pieces at night before bed. Bc our digestion can slow down a lot by this, it was making me super sick bc it eas sitting there thru night and once I cut that out and didn’t eat past 8pm, this and not eating til 10:30/11 am in morning was a big shift in my tummy issues.

It gave 15hrs break on my system and this really helped.

Those are some things I figured out along the way that helped me so just wanted to share!

Boges😊 thank you. The only thing my stomach seems to be able to tolerate are oates made with milk. I also drink decaffeinated tea as warm drinks soothe my stomach a little. I've also been eating a lot of chicken but I'm sick of the smell and taste of it I've eaten that much. Ugh. My problems are the bubbling gurgling burning sensation  above belly button area and also the constant horrid hunger pangs that come with it!

Are my upper stomach symptoms considered benzo belly?? I don't have bloating.

Yep mine makes noise quite a bit! Burning too, our nerves are affected and well those things are everywhere! So tingling burning feeling numb cold hot, basically ant sensation nerves can feel can be affected. This all fades or Bess and flows and the disappears.

Yes the hunger pains can be brutal but just eat what you can manage and try out a heating pad and see if that quells some of the unsettling some. Great that warm stuff helps, find what does/doesn’t and lean into all the things that bring done comfort for any of the symptoms (not just benzo belly)! No magic bullet to make it all disappear so anything that can dampen the intensity add it to your tool box!

Yes Diana I have what you described its horrible.  I haven't found much of anything that helps my diet is very limited too.  I eat oatmeal and dry toast every morning then usually a toasted American cheese sandwich for lunch.  Supper most times would be oven baked chicken or salmon with a baked potato maybe a veggie or cottage cheese.  Right before bed I eat oyster crackers and a glass of milk.  This sure does get old.  I hope you can find something that helps you.

Hi Diane!  Is yours exactly the same?? I get it at least every hour or so 24/7 I'm finding it so distressing!!! I've had it for weeks now!! I'm eating the same things over and over to get rid of those gnawing hunger pangs! My stomach won't tolerate many foods as I've lost my appetite and feel nauseous!!

Thank you for your reply!!

Diana

Hi Diana,

Yes pretty much the same.  I'm so sorry you suffer from this but I don't feel so alone now.  I have searched for someone that has these same symptoms with the upper stomach issues.  I describe it as a smoldering furnace!  I am beginning to think that gluten is bothering me I'm going to try cutting it out of my diet.  The hunger pains are horrible.

I hope you can find some relief soon.

Hi Diane

Yes it's like a furnace, then my bubbling and gurgling starts and then the gnawing hunger pangs. My daughter rang the pharmacy today to see if it could be the propranolol causing it and he said he's never known it. He asked if I had anxiety! My daughter told him yes. He said that anxiety is the probable cause so I have no clue! But it's horrid!! I do have really high anxiety so whether that's the cause, I've no clue. Mine comes on every hour or so!! Do you find the hunger pangs insatiable?

Do you have the gurgling Diane? Sorry you have this problem too. I hate it. It's really adding to my anxiety.

Thank so much for your post.

Diana

Hi Diana,

Yes I have the bubbling, gurgling and bloating.  Oh yes my anxiety is awful everyday!  The anxiety feeds the stomach issues its like they chase each other.  No I don't seem to have the insatiable part.  I am so sorry I know how horrible this is.

You are welcome.  :smitten: