Can I take my klonopin dose once a day instead of twice?

[Ja...]

Hi there, I was wondering if I could take my klonopin dose once a day at night instead of twice.

I take .34375 mg in the AM and 1 mg at 8 pm.

Since klonopin has such a long half life I thought taking it once a day would be fine but I’m not sure.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jacky

I don't know how it works if you're used to splitting so other members will definitely be able to speak from experience there. So far I have been dosing once at night the entire time without interdose withdrawal.

I don't know how it works if you're used to splitting so other members will definitely be able to speak from experience there. So far I have been dosing once at night the entire time without interdose withdrawal.

Cocodot, I love to see you here. You’re so sweet. I decided I’m going to try taking my full dose at night to see what happens.

I kinda wish I could erase this question that I posted. 😂

You’re always helping others. Stay sweet my cocodot and stay in touch. ♥️😘

Hi Jacky! Any reason you’re wanting to make a switch? Think it might be best to just stay consistent with what you’re doing unless you think it’s not working well for you. Many people dose K twice a day, although I’ve stuck to once the whole time and likely having interdose issues along the way. Never changed just bc didn’t want to cause further chaos to my already difficult taper.

K has a long half life but on the lower end for some people (we all metabolize these diffently) the half life is 18hrs and so dozing twice a day 12hrs apart is good for the K users that are more rapid metabolizers.

That’s a big part of what people don’t know is just bc the med is a long acting or short acting, we all metabolize diff meds differently. Valium I’m an ultra rapid metabolizer of so I stuck with K and never switched over even though Valium has a longer half life than K, bc in theory K acted longer for me bc of how I normally metabolize it.

Hope this makes sense. If you feel like you have no interdose and sedated from the K, maybe going to 1 dose will be helpful. Otherwise staying consistent is what the brain craves in all of this. Hugs to you and great job so far!!

I think it really depends on what the k is doing for you and what condition it is being used to treat. I have read of some who withdraw and combine their earlier dose into their night-time dose in order to address sleep, because the sleep is very important.  With that being said, you are already taking 1mg of K at night.

What is your ultimate goal when you merge the two?  Are you not sleeping currently on 1mg of K at night?  Is the morning dose affecting your function and behavior throughout the day?  If that is the case, there may be a way to merge the two, but I'd lean towards further tapering your morning dose before doing so.

Good luck, and I hope someone who has made that move jumps on and offers you a stronger answer than mine.

I think it really depends on what the k is doing for you and what condition it is being used to treat. I have read of some who withdraw and combine their earlier dose into their night-time dose in order to address sleep, because the sleep is very important.  With that being said, you are already taking 1mg of K at night.

What is your ultimate goal when you merge the two?  Are you not sleeping currently on 1mg of K at night?  Is the morning dose affecting your function and behavior throughout the day?  If that is the case, there may be a way to merge the two, but I'd lean towards further tapering your morning dose before doing so.

Good luck, and I hope someone who has made that move jumps on and offers you a stronger answer than mine.

Hi Boges11 thank you for that input, very good information.

Hi the sun also rises,  I sleep fine at night, no interdose withdrawals. I’m just going to continue dosing twice a day only because my brain is used to it. My goal was to just take one dose a day to simplify it.

Thank you all for your input. I get to see different point of views with all your responses and I really appreciate it.

Thank you again

Jacky ♥️

No problem at all.  If it is purely to simplify the process, then I'd suggest just carrying on tapering down that morning dose then tackling the night dose. 

Enjoy your day!

No problem at all.  If it is purely to simplify the process, then I'd suggest just carrying on tapering down that morning dose then tackling the night dose. 

Enjoy your day!

I see what you mean and that’s how I have been cutting my doses.  But it looks like I’ll be here awhile and I really need to accept that.

Thank you♥️