Desperately need help please!!

[di...]

Hi!! For the past 2 days I'm having extreme anxiety and panic attacks washing over me all day and night and its causing me so much fear I feel like I'm not going to make it!!  Can anyone please!! Give me some support???? I'm homebound so can't go walking or anything!!!

Thank you!!!!

You are likely going through the same type of panic and anxiety that my wife went through when she rapid tapered at the start of the taper.  She was frantic, She had several panic attacks, and lost hope.  She has a couple of those now, but far fewer and is gaining her composure now that we're going more slowly.  You can see how quickly she tapered in my signature.

I know it is difficult to do, but remember that this is short term and that you will stabilize. Try to do some deep breathing exercises and work as hard as you can to get your mind off of your withdrawal.  I know it is hard to watch tv or read, but try. If there is some show you always connected with and can find on the tv, find it.

For deep breathing, breath deeply in and out 10 times while thinking of things that bring you peace. 

I hope this helps. There will be light at the end of this tunnel, and there are people out in this world who know what you are going through, who are rooting for you, and who hope you stabilize and get off of this med soon and with ease.

You are likely going through the same type of panic and anxiety that my wife went through when she rapid tapered at the start of the taper.  She was frantic, She had several panic attacks, and lost hope.  She has a couple of those now, but far fewer and is gaining her composure now that we're going more slowly.  You can see how quickly she tapered in my signature.

I know it is difficult to do, but remember that this is short term and that you will stabilize. Try to do some deep breathing exercises and work as hard as you can to get your mind off of your withdrawal.  I know it is hard to watch tv or read, but try. If there is some show you always connected with and can find on the tv, find it.

For deep breathing, breath deeply in and out 10 times while thinking of things that bring you peace. 

I hope this helps. There will be light at the end of this tunnel, and there are people out in this world who know what you are going through, who are rooting for you, and who hope you stabilize and get off of this med soon and with ease.

So well said...thank you TheSunAlsoRises.  Dido will get through this....Dido, you will move through this, sweetie.  We need some tools...some distractions.  We need to see this for what it is...your body trying to work void of the dose you were previously taking.  It can be done.

Much Love,

F

Thank you so much!!!  I'm trying to distract by playing a game on my console as I've been a gamer all my life, but it's not working. I'm playing the game but my thoughts are all fearful of how I'm feeling and that I'm not going to make it!! I'm terrified for the middle of the night when everyone's sleeping!!

I'm not sure if it's the rapid taper I did 4 weeks ago from 4.75mg to zero in 7 days then could only reinstate to 2mg just over a day later when I got  some more tablets from a family friend as the doctors wouldn't supply me with enough to do a slow taper! That's why I withdrew rapidly and I was 8n such a state, that's when a family friend stepped in and gave me 3 boxes of 28 x 2mg pills!  I'll get another 28 on the 24th so I don't really have many to taper but Bob7 on the forum did me a taper plan with what I have, which is a 0,25mg cut every 13 days!  which I started 2 days ago!

Thank you so much!!!

The thing that's also really worrying to me is that I was only prescribed them on December 20th for severe anxiety and rolling panic attacks due to my daughter keep fainting In front of me!! And now only a few weeks later im withdrawing!!

Dido,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing daily panic attacks and near constant anxiety. I deeply understand the fear and the pain and the suffering you must be feeling. I know what it feels like to think you are simply not going to make it. That is also how I feel right now.

There is hope. There is light in this world. Right now it's just a little difficult to see.

All shall pass. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

Mark

Thank you Mark!!! I'm so sorry you are suffering this way!! I'm panicking like mad here!! I keep feeling like something really bad is going to happen to me!!

Yes Pam I've read them!! Is it normal to feel like you're going to pass out??? I'll read them again!!

Thank you I'm really panicking and the fear is killing me!!

It feels like you're letting the fear drive your thoughts, this fear is being created by the drug, its not real so please do your best to deny it.  Have you read these posts?

What’s  happening inside your brain

Benzo  lies that have been busted

Those two posts are very good...not my first time reading them.  Thank you for posting them again, Pamster.

I never used to think that I was dealing with intrusive thoughts...just didn't seem to feel like it 'fit' what I was experiencing.  Now I see that is exactly what is happening, but they are not as 'outlandish' as some I've heard of.  Maybe that is why I thought it wasn't one of 'my' symptoms.  Mine are sneaky...they relate very closely to my life rather than something that flies in from left field.  Examples such as  'what if I were to run my car into a tree?...or, what if I were to lose control and start screaming in the store I'm in?'  Naw...mine disguise themselves as my own thoughts...but, they are intrusive and they rev me up because they are plausible...they 'make sense' in a dark and gloomy way.

There is a quote I heard a while ago, and long enough that I can't remember it verbatim.  But, it goes something like...there is a space between the stimuli and your response...and, in that space is where our power is.  And, let's be real...that space in Benzo WD is very, very small.  Sometimes, it just really isn't possible to find it, and we have to be okay with that.  But, there are times we can squeeze into that space and think of all of the 'benzo lies' that are being fired at us.  And, we can then do our best to distract, shut the lies down by speaking out loud and saying 'Nope!  Not today...not this moment...I will experience the physical discomfort and panic, but I will not buy into it being more than what it is...a physiological/neuro-chemical reaction.'

I would like to add here that I am in no way having success with this all of the time.  Not at all.  But, having the knowledge allows you to have it in your tool kit when you are able to.  Often times, we read things and we feel less than because others seem to be doing a far better job of utilizing these tools, how come we can't manage to?  We all have times where we have not been able to 'slay the beast' in the moment.  But, we never stop trying.

Another thing I wanted to mention...the longer you move through this process, the better you become at feeling really sh*tty. At first, the shell shock of it is overwhelming.  You are still trying to wrap your head around the unspeakable experience and believe that it is actually happening and possible.  So, for those who are newer to this, the shock and fear is far heightened.  You just get used to feeling pretty terrible...until you no longer do. 

Warmly,

F

It feels like you're letting the fear drive your thoughts, this fear is being created by the drug, its not real so please do your best to deny it.  Have you read these posts?

Those two posts are very good...not my first time reading them.  Thank you for posting them again, Pamster.

I never used to think that I was dealing with intrusive thoughts...just didn't seem to feel like it 'fit' what I was experiencing.  Now I see that is exactly what is happening, but they are not as 'outlandish' as some I've heard of.  Maybe that is why I thought it wasn't one of 'my' symptoms.  Mine are sneaky...they relate very closely to my life rather than something that flies in from left field.  Examples such as  'what if I were to run my car into a tree?...or, what if I were to lose control and start screaming in the store I'm in?'  Naw...mine disguise themselves as my own thoughts...but, they are intrusive and they rev me up because they are plausible...they 'make sense' in a dark and gloomy way.

There is a quote I heard a while ago, and long enough that I can't remember it verbatim.  But, it goes something like...there is a space between the stimuli and your response...and, in that space is where our power is.  And, let's be real...that space in Benzo WD is very, very small.  Sometimes, it just really isn't possible to find it, and we have to be okay with that.  But, there are times we can squeeze into that space and think of all of the 'benzo lies' that are being fired at us.  And, we can then do our best to distract, shut the lies down by speaking out loud and saying 'Nope!  Not today...not this moment...I will experience the physical discomfort and panic, but I will not buy into it being more than what it is...a physiological/neuro-chemical reaction.'

I would like to add here that I am in no way having success with this all of the time.  Not at all.  But, having the knowledge allows you to have it in your tool kit when you are able to.  Often times, we read things and we feel less than because others seem to be doing a far better job of utilizing these tools, how come we can't manage to?  We all have times where we have not been able to 'slay the beast' in the moment.  But, we never stop trying.

Another thing I wanted to mention...the longer you move through this process, the better you become at feeling really sh*tty. At first, the shell shock of it is overwhelming.  You are still trying to wrap your head around the unspeakable experience and believe that it is actually happening and possible.  So, for those who are newer to this, the shock and fear is far heightened.  You just get used to feeling pretty terrible...until you no longer do. 

Warmly,

F

Wow, just wow!  I hope you're okay with plagiarism because there's a chance you're going to see versions of these statements coming out of Pamster.  Simply incredible comments and observations.  :thumbsup:

I just looked up the quote I mentioned which I really butchered....it is by Viktor Frankl.  Now, I remember where I heard it.  I have read/listened to so much over the last year, and it all gets lost in my head.

Quote:

'Between stimulus and response there is a space.  In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.  In our response lies our growth and freedom.'  Viktor Frankl

His life story is chilling and inspirational.  But, it has many sad, sad times, and while I know I would greatly admire him for all he has done in his life to help people, I just can't read his book at this time.  He has since passed.

And, I really want to reiterate here that I have learned a lot.  But, learning and 'doing' are very different.  Many of these things can be viewed as simple...but, not easy.  I can regurgitate many things, but I am a work in progress over here, and I react as a hot mess often enough.

Thank you for your comment, Pamster.  I appreciate it.  And, like so many other things, their origins are not from me but from things I've collected for my arsenal over time.  And, many know these things already, and it will be old news.  But, for some, it may be the first time.

Warmly,

F

Warmly,

F

Wow, just wow!  I hope you're okay with plagiarism because there's a chance you're going to see versions of these statements coming out of Pamster.  Simply incredible comments and observations.  :thumbsup: