Sicker after sleeping

[di...]

Hi, does anyone feel sicker upon waking? I always wake up feeling drunk , disorienated and head pressure along with a fuzzing buzzing brain sensation. Does anyone have any theories as to why this happens?

Thank you

Diana

It's likely the cortisol in our bodies that intensifies our symptoms.  Cortisol peaks in the morning and is lowest around midnight.  Lately I've experienced an uptick in symptom severity in the a.m.

Hi thanks so much for your reply!! I'm beginning to really worry about the drunk disorientated feeling on waking because my post has had a lot of views with no replies, so obviously no one can relate!!  Surely it's not only me who feels that way after sleeping 😢 it also happens after a nap in the afternoon!!

Thank you so much

Diana

Thanks pamster. It was really worrying me that no one could relate. I started getting toxic sleeps and naps when I first started taking the diazepam so was wondering if its more common in people on that particular drug. My anxiety has really ramped up today and I've felt like I've been going to go in to full blown panic multiple times today. Isn't it horrid!!!

Yes I have same feeling on waking, disoriented shaky, and Nausea. And if ever I am lucky to have a nap( as sleeping bad) I can wake up in panic mode, palpations, sweating. I am also tapering Diazapam. Try not to let it worry you, These pills throw all sorts of symptoms at us

Hi Ladyc

Yes my sleep is shocking. I sleep for 90 minutes and wake up and it takes around 2 hours before I might get another 30 minutes sleep.This happens every night. I also go straight in to REM I've had some horrid nightmares! Enough to disturb you for the rest of the day! Ive also had the half awake half asleep, sleep. It's very strange! It's made me wonder if I was asleep or not!

Thanks for replying LadyC

Diana

All very very common!! Our brains are trying to regulate and things can get scary during this. Have heard dreaming and nightmares are a good sign your brain is trying to sort itself out again. So know that even though it’s scary and wild, it’s getting the deeper sleep than just tossing and turning and so that is helpful for us.

My sleep patterns have been all over the place but have gotten better as I slowed taper and now toward lower doses. Some people say napping makes them feel worse so they don’t do it, but if you are very desperate for sleep, take what you can get where you can bc rest is always good for the body when it’s working hard!

Things have been a bit of a rollercoaster with rapid taper, then back on so body can sometimes take a bit of time to even out and be more predictable with your symptoms after thay, but hoping for you that you can get some better moments soon. Hone in on your coping skills and know that everyone here is here for you and in this together!!

Hugs.

Thank you so much Boges!!  So have you found that you feel better the lower in dose you go? I've just woke up from a nap. I slept from around 8.15pm to 9.45pm. I dont feel as drunk and disorientated as I usually do (I did this morning), but over all I still feel as horrible and wonder if I'll ever get better... I'm starting to have random sleeps and naps where I don't feel as drunk and disorientated on waking.

I wonder if its true that dreams /nightmares etc are a sign of healing. I truly hope so.

Thank you for your kind support Boges!!

Dido, I know I already replied to another thread of yours, but I have the EXACT same problems when waking up. I dread going to sleep because I feel so peaceful at night time. I watch relaxing videos on youtube but I know when I wake up, the next days battle will begin. Naps throw me completely off kilter.

HANG IN THERE! KEEP THE FAITH!

Thank you for sharing and posting on this forum. It makes me feel less insane.

Anyone else please? Anyone else feel drunk/disorientated, more intense head pressure? Buzzy fuzzy sensation in head? upon waking whether it be from night sleep or a nap?

Thank you

Diana.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else please who's symptoms are much more intense upon waking whether it be waking from night sleep, or napping?

Thank you

Diana

Mornings are tough and very disorienting but it gets better over the day. Very vivid dreams and nightmares these days and hard to know if something really happened or not in reality vs my dream. Get more clear headed in day and evening but mornings are tough for majority of ppl in t hi s from what I e heard. Hang in there and know it’s all very common and ppl who are back to normal had all of this and now no more!

If it would help to get checked out up lessen your fear of what’s happening, sometimes it helps some of us to get things checked on thru this…. It’s so hard bc all of this is just so abnormal in real life (as opposed to benzo life hah), that it thaws awhile to get more confident that ok nothing dangerous is happening bc it’s all so bizarre.

Sending lots of hugs and hang in there. You’re getting thru each day and that’s all you gotta do… endure each day best as you can! Your body snd brain are working on regulating and know what to do.

Waking up can be hell.the anxiety is awful and even if I nap in the middle of the day it happens. I'm jittery right now, slightly shaky and anxious.

I hope you're feeling better soon

Best wishes

Hi Birdypie and thank you so much  for contributing. Its the drunk disorientated feeling in my head that really bothers me on waking 😕 I've only found one other person in an old post. From benzo buddies who described the same feelings. She described it as drunk disorientated and coming out of anaesthesia at the same time. That's exactly how mine feels. 😕

Thank you

Diana

I'm positive I've seen symptoms very similar to yours on here. I have an almost permanent headache which comes with pressure on my temples and off sensations in my jaw. The headache gets slightly worse when I bend over. I do worry because I've ñot seen anyone on here have an almost permanent headache. It's been about 83 days since I CT. Maybe it's because I CT.

Anyhow try not to worry. I've learned sitting and worrying makes everything worse, tenfold 😬

Take care!

Birdypie

Yes it does make you worry more when no one seems to relate. I know it worries me!!  Do you have any other symptoms??

How much diazepam did you C/T*from Birdypie?

Thanks!!

Hi Dido

I only took 6mg Diazepam for four weeks every 3 days or so .

Yes I get many symptoms, not quite as many as I used to though.

Symptoms since beginning - Headache/head pressure as though in a vice, jaw/ teeth pain, jaw clenching, crushing depression and anxiety, nausea/ vomiting, diarrhea, weakness all over( jelly legs) nervousness, jittery, shakiness, facial twitching, under skin crawling sensations on face, intrusive thoughts, some paranoia, unbearable heart palpitations especially when going up stairs, random chest pains and more. Some seem to have gone, some are still permanent, some come and go. Torture is what I call it

Thank you for replying BirdyPie

It is, torture. It truly is😕

I'm really concerned about jelly legs as I have this too. Mine literally feel like rubber and are keeping me confined to the chair. It really terrifies me incase they don't get better and I never walk again😕

We had a member last year who loved to hike and the thought of not being able to while she tapered devastated her, well she found a way around that.  She discovered there was nothing wrong with her legs, she found that if she pushed through the disconnect between her poor sick brain and the signals it was sending to her legs she could take her precious walks in the mountains and she used this as her distraction and her healing.  Somehow she was able to trust her legs, not her brain and she was set free. 

Pamster, it's like as well as feeling like rubber, they also feel uncoordinated!! I literally can't take more than 3 steps without feeling like they are going to collapse under me! It makes me start panicking really bad! I'm terrified that I'll never walk again 😢😢😢😢

I didn't suffer with this symptom so I don't know how difficult it is to get past, I'm just relaying her story, hoping it could provide inspiration.