Constant hunger pangs??

[di...]

Hi, does anyone have constant hunger pangs even soon after eating?? Its like my stomach is a bottomless pit. I've checked my blood sugars regular and they are fine!  It's really worrying me.

Thank you

Diana

Yes, I have this off and on. It comes and goes and I have no understanding of why it is better some days and terrible other days. Mine often feels hypoglycemic in nature, like I must eat immediately, even if I just had a decent meal. My doctors are stumped. Do you feel hypoglycemic with these hunger pangs?

Hi, when I get it it comes on instantly and it makes me feel panicky, I'm not sure if my response is psychological or not!! My daughter checks my blood sugar while I have the feeling but it's always fine! Also tested it 2 hours after eating and it's fine!! !  It's horrible it feels like I'm needing to constantly eat to make the hunger pangs go away!

Can i ask, how is your sleep?? As I know sleep deprivation can cause constant hunger. I'm only sleeping one sleep cycle every night! It's shocking!

The same thing is happening to me, and I was the opposite for a long time.  I was not interested in eating.  Now, all I want is normal food.  But, can't have normal food.  My GI is pretty sensitive.  So, I am constantly looking for ways to feel full again and again.  Have no idea why this is happening.

Warmly,

F

I also have a very upset stomach. I have a warm feeling, along with gurgling and  bubbling in my upper stomach. Plus nausea. Along with everything else this constant hunger ir really adding to my anxiety levels!

Thank you for replying, Faith.

Diana.

I also have a very upset stomach. I have a warm feeling, along with gurgling and  bubbling in my upper stomach. Plus nausea. Along with everything else this constant hunger ir really adding to my anxiety levels!

Thank you for replying, Faith.

Diana.

My stomach is always upset...nauseous.  And, then feeling as though it needs to be fed just doesn't feel right to me.  And, after I eat, I usually feel uneasy...which makes me anxious.  Any discomfort in the stomach area adds to my symptoms.

I totally feel you.  The timing of this post was interesting for me as this just starting happening recently.

My pleasure to reply, Diana. 

I've had it for a few weeks now Faith it's driving me nuts!  Are you sleep deprived by any chance?? As like I said, I know sleep deprivation can cause iit and seeing as I can only sleep one sleep cycle I'm wondering if that's what the root of it is!

Thank you Faith

Diana.

Diana,

What does one sleep cycle represent?  I'm not familiar with that term.

No...I don't think that I'm sleep deprived in light of what we are going through.  I sleep about 6-7 hours a night.  Now, I have to go to bed by 8 because I wake up by 2:30-3:00 a.m. each morning from cortisol surges.  So, regardless of my bedtime, I'm up at that time.  So, I try to manipulate it by going to bed early.  Way to early for my liking.  However, I get more sleep that way...for now.  Things can always change.  But, it is not a normal sleep.  I awaken to major calf cramping that jolts me out of sleep.  But, there were times I was not getting any sleep or maybe an hour or two only.  I don't recall experiencing this hunger thing during those times.  If anything, during those times, I was so out of it, the thought of food made me feel sick.

So, I don't think that is what is causing mine.

Warmly,

One sleep cycle is between 70 and 110 minutes depending on the individual, Faith. I can only sleep for around 1 hour 20 minutes then I wake up and cannot get back to sleep for at least a couple of hours. I then sleep another 1 hour 20 or less. I'm having to sleep in  increments. It's terrible. I also miss the first stage of sleep and go straight in to dream sleep (REM') I do have to try and nap during the day but I wake up feeling drunk and  disorientated after 1 hour 20 minutes. What's referred to as toxic naps. My sleep has been severely affected.

It sounds like you're having a rough time too Faith. I'm  sorry you feel bad.  I still can't  believe the suffering these drugs cause.

Thanks Faith

Diana

I couldn't believe it at first...I certainly believe it now. 

I'm sorry your sleep is so disrupted.  It is truly a horrible experience....all of it.

Sending you much healing, Diana.

Warmly,

F

I call it like being physically and mentally tortured, Faith and every few days I have a strong urge to get an ambulance because I can feel in that much distress.

Love and healing being sent right to you from England, Faith.x x

Diana.

Oh, Diana.

I know how distressing this is, and I am so sorry we are going through this.  It is truly inhumane.  But, it just shows how friggin' strong we are.  Like, really.  Unbelievably strong.

I have done that many, many times...called the EMS.  And, the sad reality of doing that is they just want to throw more benzos at you, or poly-drug you because you now present with several DSM diagnoses...which of course we do because we are in the middle of the most difficult withdrawal on the planet, and it brings on benzo induced OCD, depression, GAD, Bi-Polar II, Borderline Personality Disorder 'symptoms'...there are more possibilities.  So, how much help can they offer us?  All they know how to do is dish out more meds.

In my experience, the best thing we can do for ourselves is to hunker down and try our very best to ride out each storm and utilize any and all support we have to do this at home.  We are so used to feeling that the hospital is a place that will take care of us...'fix' us.  If we were talking about a broken bone, or disease...anything other than what we are dealing with, the hospital is the place to go.  But, with this?  Unless we are talking about a serious life-threatening situation/risk, it is my opinion that the hospital can do nothing for us with respect to moving through benzo withdrawal.  Or, any psychotropic drug withdrawal for that matter.  And, trust me...I truly wish I did not feel this way because it has taken away that feeling of having a safety net to catch me if I need it.  I want that person in the white lab coat to tell me what to do to feel better.  I want someone to give me the answers and 'fix' me.  I want that certainty back.  I really, really do.  And, those I do talk to in the health care community know they cannot help me.  Even counsellors.  And, that is why we are here...or, any other benzo support group.  We know more than the medical community.  We are learning through trial and error...but, it's getting done.  And, it's getting done with compassion void of gas-lighting.

That was a rant...I'm feeling a lot of anger today.  Thanks for bearing with me.  I just want you to know I understand wanting to call an ambulance, and have done it many times.  So, I can't blame anyone for doing the same.  And, I worked in the health care system...admin side...but, I had total faith in it at that time.  There is definitely a grieving attached to my loss of faith in it where it pertains to mental health.  I have been sending as much information as I can to the clinicians I have worked with.  Videos, links...whatever I can.  I just had one of them email me and tell me they enjoyed watching it.  That's all I can do from where I am now, but when I'm recovered...who know what I may be able to do?

Warmly,

F   

Sorry Faith!! I've only just realised that you'd left this reply!! I'm exactly the same, since I became benzo free in 2004 I developed a very severe phobia of anything medical!!  My family keep saying, '' all doctors or the hospital will do is give you more drugs'' and they are right. I don't want to end up pollydrugged and worse than I am!!! I'm having really bad anxiety today, almost to the point of full blown panic. My heads all over the place! I have those fearful thoughts about never getting better and being carted away and drugged up till I don't even know who I am anymore! I keep trying not to think negative but it's so hard when you feel so bad!!

Sending love

Diana