Any highly sensitive people on here?

[Co...]

Hi everyone,

I'm a highly sensitive person (about 15% of people are) meaning that your brain works a bit differently in making connections between different parts and so on. It's mostly highly emotional and intuitive people that often get lost with boundaries and what are their emotions versus what are those of others. I'm wondering if there are other HSPs currently tapering? Also to the moderators, HSPs can heal from this too, right? Even though they are more sensitive in general than most?

I did read a good book about this. I can’t think of the name and author right now. I believe I am a HSP too and I’ve wondered if it will prevent me from getting through this too.

Perhaps Elaine I forgot her last name? She was groundbreaking. We realized 15 years ago when I was 10 but we didn't realize enough how med sensitive I am. Looking back, there was never anything I could handle, not even ibuprofen, and I never took anything more than a day or two (except cortizone and then that led to this poison, stupid!)

Hi Cocodot,

I am a sensitive/empath.  I am electrosensitive as well.  I cannot use Wifi.  I can't live close to cell towers or hydro corridors...just another area of sensitivity I experience.

Warmly,

F

Hi Chocodot,

I'm an HSP and an INFP on the Myers-Briggs. I think that this whole Benzo process is more difficult for us, but life is more challenging for us, and more wonderful, as well.

There are many resources on this forum. We just have to keep on going and encouraging eachother.

All the best,

Eileen

Hi Cocodot,

I am a HSP as well. Used to be an artist when I could work. The author who coined this term is Elaine N. Aron. I also found the book "The Highly 'Sensitive Person's Survival Guide" by Ted Zeff useful. Life is just more challenging to navigate for us, we need to take extra precautions not to get overwhelmed and now with this wd doubly so.

On YouTube, I like this channel by another HSP with calming videos and advice for us:

https://www.youtube.com/@SimpleHappyZen/videos

Wish you all peace and healing!

:smitten:

[20...]

I am!!

My daughter is too!

We thought she was ADHD and autistic, but they said nope, HSP.

She’s also the one I was pregnant with when they gave me this crap drug to sleep in the hospital for 5 weeks.

I had no idea, I just wanted something like gravol to help.

After reading about HSPs I could see all the traits in myself too.

But oddly enough, I’m not sure I was like this in childhood, but definitely after they gave me this crap!

Thanks, Wintersun! That's encouraging! It's just because I always feel everything in my body. I just didn't realize with this the meds were so wrong. Until day 5 and I felt electricity go off in my head. With benzo withdrawal it's been incredibly difficult because I automatically focus on every little thing that feels a tiny bit off in my body and now all of it is off  ;)

I agree, it has been an incredible gift although boundary issues and valuing others and their opinions too mich is what led me here but I loved feeling everything so deeply, even the bad emotions. I hate this emotional flattening so much. I hope to be myself again one day  :)

[20...]

Thanks, Wintersun! That's encouraging! It's just because I always feel everything in my body. I just didn't realize with this the meds were so wrong. Until day 5 and I felt electricity go off in my head. With benzo withdrawal it's been incredibly difficult because I automatically focus on every little thing that feels a tiny bit off in my body and now all of it is off  ;)

I agree, it has been an incredible gift although boundary issues and valuing others and their opinions too mich is what led me here but I loved feeling everything so deeply, even the bad emotions. I hate this emotional flattening so much. I hope to be myself again one day  :)

You will be yourself again one day, Cocodot.  :hug:

I also understand the need to feel everything fully…  “you either allow yourself to feel everything, or you won’t feel anything at all” - Unknown

Great quote! I used to love the misery too you know like a breakup or something and feeling everything so deeply and now such scary disconnect.

[20...]

Great quote! I used to love the misery too you know like a breakup or something and feeling everything so deeply and now such scary disconnect.

Here is a link to a thread I just posted on. You may find it helpful in dealing with those fearful emotions which take you into fearful perception and thought.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=276593.msg3446622#msg3446622