Daylight Saving Time is coming!

[3f...]

[3f...]

Hey everyone,

hope you are well and getting some sleep! I was thinking about last year when I was here and topics tend to come back I've noticed.

Daylight Saving Time is coming. I've never liked it and never will. I am in a position where I decide I will maintain Standard Time throughout the year.

I know some of you may be at your beginnings of your taper and just wanted to remind you that this will happen soon. There are ways to adjust (or not, like me), but I just wanted to say you may want to prepare when it comes to dosing, sleep and the likes. I wish I did last year!

My thoughts are always with you!

Lots of love,

Naf1983

Hey Naf, that's a good thing to point out, I haven't thought about this myself. Many thanks for the heads up, so we have time to prepare!

Sending you hugs and healing vibes!

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Naf,

So, here were are...daylight savings.  And, I am trying to decide how to approach this.  I know you said that you have decided to just move forward maintaining standard time.

If I try to move with the time change...I was thinking of trying to move the dose 15 min. each day for 4 days.  But, honestly, my brain is having hard time wrapping my head around it.

Any advice?

Warmly,

F

[3f...]

Hi Faith,

if you decide to try to move with DSL I guess my advice could be different per person. Depending on what drug you are tapering and if you are very sensative if it's nearly time to dose. If you are very symptomatic, try 10 minutes per day.

Naf1983

Hi Naf,

So, here were are...daylight savings.  And, I am trying to decide how to approach this.  I know you said that you have decided to just move forward maintaining standard time.

If I try to move with the time change...I was thinking of trying to move the dose 15 min. each day for 4 days.  But, honestly, my brain is having hard time wrapping my head around it.

Any advice?

Warmly,

F

[23...]

I moved my doses last year to match the time.

This time in the fall I didn’t move anything

Same now.

So last year I was 8 am, 3pm and 10 pm

So fall/winter became 7 am, 2pm and 9 pm.

Now back to 8am, 3 pm and 10pm

Easiest way to do it, especially if you know you’ll be tapering for a while.

When I did move my doses, I did it 15 min everyday.

Winnie

I moved my doses last year to match the time.

This time in the fall I didn’t move anything

Same now.

So last year I was 8 am, 3pm and 10 pm

So fall/winter became 7 am, 2pm and 9 pm.

Now back to 8am, 3 pm and 10pm

Easiest way to do it, especially if you know you’ll be tapering for a while.

When I did move my doses, I did it 15 min everyday.

Winnie

Hi Winnie,

I was going to do every 15 minutes, too.  Then I decided to do 30 min.  I'm on Clonazepam, so I think I will be okay.

Thanks for your reply.

Warmly,

F