Tapering is getting harder

[Pe...]

Im just looking for some support

Like many others i was put on benzos , ive been actively tapering since jan 28th of 2021.

I went from 1.75mg per day of ativan down to 0.375mg ish of klonopin

Currently I take

1/2 of a .25mg of klonopin in the AM

1/2 (being shaved down ) of .25mg afternoon

1/2 of .25mg klonopin in the pm

I am lately an absolute wreck, I have a trip coming up and a cross country move im pretty consumed with worry

so tapering has been harder.

I get the majority of the side effects no matter how slow my taper goes , head pressure, pain, dizziness , nausea , irritability..shaking

anxiety.

It feels like the sickness i get is never ending, its been so long ... i feels like i cant get off them  as its taking forever.

I dont feel "good" that i have to sit here with a razorblade shaving off tiny bits..

I was doing pretty well for a while, motivated, not anxious, i was working through my issues, now I just wanna hide inside my house feelings of agoraphobia coming back

Feeling like I will have a sezuire, (my biggest fear currently)

Hello, friend!

I am almost in the same situation as you, with some exceptions: I am a short time user and I made some huge cuts, some directed by my psych, some because I cannot tolerate the substance in my body (paradoxical effects). At this moment I am at 0.34 and been holding for 5 weeks because some bad wd. I am somehow stable but I cannot say I am feeling good. I have the symptoms you mentioned, coming and going. I had some windows too and I was grateful for them, them bam! back to hell. So, since I cannot stand this drug and it's not helping me, I decided to make another cut next week and another one in 10 days and go with the symptoms as long as they are somehow manageable. Ofc, this is my plan and it is subjective. But we can keep in touch and be taper buddies since we are somehow at the same dosage.

Wish you the best!

I know it feels like it will take forever. It took me almost 2 years to get off 1mg Clonazepam. You are so close. Just keep taking one step at a time. If it gets too tough be kind to yourself, take a break and see if holding helps. Sometimes just getting a break from these symptoms gives us the energy to continue.

You don't need to worry about seizures. If you're tapering slowly which it seems you're doing,  then seizures are highly unlikely. I know the brain sensations tell you a different story but it's just the  benzo's creating fear. I have lots of brain issues too. You'll be fine. Hang in there.

Like many others i was put on benzos , ive been actively tapering since jan 28th of 2021.

Currently I take

I am lately an absolute wreck, I have a trip coming up and a cross country move im pretty consumed with worry

I get the majority of the side effects no matter how slow my taper goes , head pressure, pain, dizziness , nausea , irritability..shaking

anxiety.

It feels like the sickness i get is never ending, its been so long ... i feels like i cant get off them  as its taking forever.

I dont feel "good" that i have to sit here with a razorblade shaving off tiny bits..

I was doing pretty well for a while, motivated, not anxious, i was working through my issues, now I just wanna hide inside my house feelings of agoraphobia coming back

Hi and welcome to BB.

When did you cross over from Ativan to K?  You mention shaving off of your pill’s…are you weighing them on a scale and shaving them with a file? I ask this to know if you are getting accurate dosing. 

I personally found it was very hard to cut on K and made the decision to crossover to V because of this, and V also comes in liquid and smaller pill sizes for reduce a little easier, unless you are having the K compounded at a compound pharmacy.  Also a compound pharmacy could make liquid for K too.  You can also make it yourself, as many do, if this is something you would want to look into.

How are you making your cut’s?  Are you doing cut and hold? Or micro tapering?  Have you gone to quickly in reduction?  I am asking a lot of questions because there are so many possible reasons.

There is so much information all over this platform, so I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Marie

Currently I take

anxiety.

Hi and welcome to BB.

When did you cross over from Ativan to K?  You mention shaving off of your pill’s…are you weighing them on a scale and shaving them with a file? I ask this to know if you are getting accurate dosing. 

I personally found it was very hard to cut on K and made the decision to crossover to V because of this, and V also comes in liquid and smaller pill sizes for reduce a little easier, unless you are having the K compounded at a compound pharmacy.  Also a compound pharmacy could make liquid for K too.  You can also make it yourself, as many do, if this is something you would want to look into.

How are you making your cut’s?  Are you doing cut and hold? Or micro tapering?  Have you gone to quickly in reduction?  I am asking a lot of questions because there are so many possible reasons.

There is so much information all over this platform, so I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Marie

Hi 👋

So I can’t take Valium it’s been about yesr since the switch to klonopin from Ativan that went realitively well

Typically I will shave with a razor blade but I don’t weigjt it I’ll do very tiny amounts for a week or two like the same cut than hold for a week or so than cut some more

But it takes forever and it likely isn’t very accurate

It gets hard to cut them because they get so damn tiny and I will look into the weighing of them and scaling them that likely a better and easier method

• 4 weeks later...

Also thank you for the support everyone

Hi Peach-  Yes, V isn’t for everyone.  If you aren’t weighing your cuts, and like you said those K are very small, your cuts could be kind of all over the place and even way too much.  If you are cutting to much than you will have really bad sx for sure.  This is the problem with K and the size of the pills, being the .25 the smallest.  However people do it, and even make their own liquid for a DLMT (BTW, I recommend).

If you live in the USA, you can have your doses compounded at “compound pharmacy”, if you don’t want to weigh and file, you can also have them do a liquid, and that would make things so much easier for you. 

Marie