2 months off Klonopin 👏

[Be...]

Yep.  I reached my first milestone.  Today is my first post under success story 💪 The hardest part of this journey has been taking on the DSM and the psychiatric community.    They are quick to diagnose and prescribe and slow to help patients come off Benzos.      I find it deplorable.    One day I will be able to write about this and help others but I am still very early in my journey and very vulnerable.   

I have seen numerous psychopharmacoligists over the past 26 years on Benzos and only one took a stance and risk to help me get off.     

Too many people are addicted to Benzos.  There is tremendous freedom and joy on the other side of the recovery.      This community is essential!

I am so so happy for you!  :thumbsup: I am having my own fight with this hellish pill and although I am a short time user, tapering gave me some rough weeks. You were my inspiration for today  ;)

Wish you a fast and full recovery!

Thanks for asking: “How was the process and how are you feeling now?“

I am feeling great being off Klonopin.    I feel present, creative, happy and I feel the love of my family and friends.      It has been a very long and scary, 8-year process to get off Klonopin that included therapy (CBT) and mainstream psychopharmacologists.    Having had multiple, conflicting diagnoses, it was hard not to accept multiple doctors saying to stay on the low dose drugs forever because it can’t hurt me.      These same traditional doctors are mostly not trained to help their patients with complex trauma.     

Every day is a new day in my recovery.    I take nothing for granted and take great care to eat well, exercise, meditate, sleep, work, and play.    Most importantly I have cut toxic and negative attachments out of my life in order to be healthy.    The process was long.    I worked very hard in therapy and the results are fantastic.    Thank you for asking.