OCD and polydrugged with diazepam and pregabalin. Which one should taper first?

[fu...]

My signature contains my story of usage of these, with benzos having more than 4 years of use and pregabalin more than 1 year.

Some say pregabalin mitigate the effects of the benzo tapering but I am already struggling a lot with 5% cuts of diazepam;

Some say pregabalin hinders the recovery so it should be tapered first, but when I decreased from 225 to 200mg, my OCD got almost unbearable for days. I was miserable.

I need, somehow, to have a robust solution for my OCD before any changes. Raising antidepressants makes my tinnitus louder and I always give up, backing to the previous dose and then the tinnitus going to the previous baseline. So, I would want to avoid the antidepressant route if possible. I would love to max out fluvoxamine dosage as it's a gold standard treatment for OCD, but a more piercing tinnitus would cause suffering for its own.

Is there a supplement or drug I should consider to stabilize regarding my OCD before tapering something first? And given all this and what you know, which one would you taper first and why?

My signature contains my story of usage of these, with benzos having more than 4 years of use and pregabalin more than 1 year.

Some say pregabalin mitigate the effects of the benzo tapering but I am already struggling a lot with 5% cuts of diazepam;

Some say pregabalin hinders the recovery so it should be tapered first, but when I decreased from 225 to 200mg, my OCD got almost unbearable for days. I was miserable.

I need, somehow, to have a robust solution for my OCD before any changes. Raising antidepressants makes my tinnitus louder and I always give up, backing to the previous dose and then the tinnitus going to the previous baseline. So, I would want to avoid the antidepressant route if possible. I would love to max out fluvoxamine dosage as it's a gold standard treatment for OCD, but a more piercing tinnitus would cause suffering for its own.

Is there a supplement or drug I should consider to stabilize regarding my OCD before tapering something first? And given all this and what you know, which one would you taper first and why?

I hope I can offer you words of comfort.

While cold turkey pregabalin 600mg was a bit of a disaster for me, I tapered off it totally painlessly using water. I did daily cuts, 4 x dose a day, and given how horrible the cold turkey was, I did not feel a thing on the daily cuts.

It would seem that dry cutting vellum is not working for me either.

I am just finishing off stabilising after an update, and then I am going to do a daily liquid titration.

I'm not diagnosed OCD, but I am obsessive, it can be an autistic trait, as I am on the spectrum so I understand you want to send the obsessiveness packing, I don't blame you. All I can say is daily cuts, while a hassle at first, getting used to dissolving the pregab etc, I soon got in the swing of them, they became second nature.

It's water soluble so you can use water.

You can use milk or vodka for valium.

I guess there is no right way to taper which drug first, if it were me, I would taper the pregab, but you can decide.

I don't blame you for avoiding antidepressant route, too many side effects and they need tapering as well.

There is a good subreddit on reddit.com called r/supplements.

I, personally use ashwagandha, l-theanine, and some others.

I hope that helps.

I hope I can offer you words of comfort.

While cold turkey pregabalin 600mg was a bit of a disaster for me, I tapered off it totally painlessly using water. I did daily cuts, 4 x dose a day, and given how horrible the cold turkey was, I did not feel a thing on the daily cuts.

It would seem that dry cutting vellum is not working for me either.

I am just finishing off stabilising after an update, and then I am going to do a daily liquid titration.

I'm not diagnosed OCD, but I am obsessive, it can be an autistic trait, as I am on the spectrum so I understand you want to send the obsessiveness packing, I don't blame you. All I can say is daily cuts, while a hassle at first, getting used to dissolving the pregab etc, I soon got in the swing of them, they became second nature.

It's water soluble so you can use water.

You can use milk or vodka for valium.

I guess there is no right way to taper which drug first, if it were me, I would taper the pregab, but you can decide.

I don't blame you for avoiding antidepressant route, too many side effects and they need tapering as well.

There is a good subreddit on reddit.com called r/supplements.

I, personally use ashwagandha, l-theanine, and some others.

I hope that helps.

Thank you! It's good news that you didn't feel anything from your pregabalin taper. I think I might hold my diazepam taper now that I reached the point were I can use the original Valium at 7.5mg. I will wait and see how does it feel and probably review my tapering strategy. I hope this is the way to have a good life because I am still struggling with the ways I am adopting.

Unfortunately, the supplements you mentioned are off limits for me due to the SSRI usage. Oh, I am a heavy user of this sub reddit and the nootropics one lol. Anyway, thank you for the concern and attention!