Down dosing a little on weekends?

[Wi...]

I'm new and I don't know if this is the right place to post, but....

Background: I'm male, 32 yrs old. I've been a daily heavy drinker since I was 21, plus "weekend warrior" binge drinker from ages 15 to 20. From April 2022 onwards I started illegally acquiring Clonazepam and Diazepam to try to control my drinking, but I ended up drinking on top of them daily.

Liver problems showed up in December 2022. After a excruciating self alcohol taper that lasted 12 days, during my vacation from work, alcohol put me down on January 4, 2023. My body craved alcohol so much even while I was on a  significant dose of Clonazepam and Diazepam.

I kept taking the benzos. I've been maintaining my current dose of 1mg Clonazepam plus 10mg Diazepam in the mornings, 1mg Clonazepam midday and 10mg Diazepam at night...since 15th of January. That's Stage 2 from Schedule 6 on Ashton Manual, slightly modified. I still feel like I'm not ready to move on to Stage 3 for now, because I will have  two stressful weeks at my job ahead.

Question: can I downdose a little on weekends? I'm not talking about skipping doses altogether, cause that will probably lead to kindling. Is just that during weekends I'm under less preasure, and I can afford to be more agitated, nervous, even shake a little bit.

The problem with down dosing on weekends is, you’ll feel it on the weekdays.  Typically Clonazepam users will say symptoms show up around day 3 and level out around day 10 but Valium users have to wait even longer because of it’s long half life.  I guess you could make your reduction of Clonazepam on Wednesday so it might hit you on Saturday but I have no idea when you would reduce the Valium.

What you’re attempting to avoid is unavoidable if you hope to become benzo free.  We can’t turn it off and on, we can hope to minimize it with a taper but this process is what it is and it requires our total commitment.