Schisandra - help and advice please

[Re...]

I have been taking a supplement I was unaware of has some Schisandra in it. I gave the prescriber a thorough list of things I can and cannot take in withdrawal from the Benzo Info Coalition; somehow, this escaped her. Schisandra is on this list. I honestly had no idea it had this in it as it did not say on the ingredients and I looked them up on the bottle and online. I started it about 10 days ago. It seems to have helped me a lot. I am tapering off a medication I was put on that I cannot continue to take and having issues with that so to find out this is another issue is overwhelming. I now have severe food and chemical anxiety and feel like this could set my recovery back and I'm already experiencing PAWS from the benzo. When I don't take the supplement, I feel terrible -- an uptick in pain, insomnia, etc. Does anyone have any experience to share with this or advice? Please avoid triggers as I am very anxious about this. Thank you so much. 

Schisandra is a wonderful herb with many healing properties. I also take it along with other herbs and feel better. It supports all organ systems. It’s named the 5 flavors herb and is very nourishing.

It is common to hear that you don't take anything that acts on GABA. Ideally, I would like to be that person. And I have become neurotic, constantly feeling like I have no solution other than to suffer because I cannot put anything in my mouth that could potentially do further harm—certain foods,  vitamins, supplements, etc. I told my doctors I would rather die than take another pharmaceutical. I have to do something, given the circumstances.