Getting off the benzo finally

[Tf...]

So I've been off of klonopin now for about 55 hours and haven't felt a thing. I started in August on 2mg a day and 4 weeks later got down to .25 then my psychiatrist was like ok time to get off so I did... that week of being off was heck that I had to take 0.75 to calm and then I took that everyday. Starting in October I met with a different psychiatrist and he said to taper me down I believe 0.125 a week or two. Then after being monitored I had to come back home so I did and I found a new home state psychiatrist who basically told me because I was taking 0.03125 to 0.0625 a day that I can get off it with out withdrawal.

My question is it's been about 56 hours since my last dose haven't really had any side effects or symptoms.  Should I worry?? I think the half life has passed now. Let me know what you guys think !

I just want to be ok. P.s I taper from Oct 0.75 to almost 3 days ago 0.03135 to 0.0625. Please be kind ! Thank you!

Hello Tfulz92, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, I hope we can help you determine if you’re going to experience symptoms, so, som questions.

As you’ve tapered, have you felt any symptoms?  If you have, when do they typically present?  Many of our members say their symptoms show up around day 3 after a reduction, so around 72 hours.

I’ll provide some links to some information but I hope you’ll keep us posted on your progress, it would be wonderful if you got out of this pain free.

Pamster

Ashton Manual symptom list

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Thank you for approving my membership Pamster! I haven't had any issues tapering really. I tapered for about 4 months total from 0.75 down to 0.0625 to nothing now and today is day 3 for me and I still don't really feel anything. I am using insight timer and keeping busy so that way I don't even think about it. I have a supportive family and friends who are around me as well. 😀 I hope nothing happens out of nowhere !

If you haven’t experienced symptoms while you’ve been reducing and nothing since you jumped off the drug I feel you’re going to come out of this in good shape.  There are some who can discontinue these drugs with little to no problem and it appears you’re one of them, I’m very happy for you!

Please let us know if you begin to feel anything and we’ll help you understand what you’re feeling but really, I think you’re going to be okay.  :)

You don't think that symptoms may creep up? So it's been 78 hours now and still no WD.. last amt taking 3 days ago at 230pm and it was 0.3125 I believe or 0.0625 between those two 😀 past the half life now and still no WD should I expect some in the future? I don't want to be scared. Help 😀

None of us know how it will go for you but if you haven’t experienced any symptoms since you began tapering, I don’t know why they would start now.  When we taper we feel every reduction including the last one so based on that logic, I’d say you’re home free. 

Now a warning, there is a theory called kindling I happen to agree with and if you take benzodiazepines in the future, it could apply to you.  Kindling

I've felt very little if any symptoms while tapering I think their was one drop where I think I needed to stay an extra week on the amount I was on but, it only lasted a day then I was ok. I think I was just emotional. Then their was another drop I made I got a little irritated but that's about it. The first time I came off it was just to fast and I felt everything but now after tapering for about 4/5 months getting down to 0.03125-0.0625 and been off for 96 hrs now and I still don't feel anything. I'm not trying to over think but I'm like is it even still in my system should I worry ?

How would u know the drug is gone? Isn't it like sometimes symptoms show up later? Or because I tapered and was on such a small amt at the end it won't affect me?

Trust me I'm not trying to look over my shoulder that's why I joined the group though because people like yourself or others who have experience in this can help guide/lead me 😀

The elimination half-life of clonazepam is typically 30 to 40 hours so the drug is most likely out of your body.  What remains in doubt is whether your GABA receptors have been affected.  From your description of the symptoms you experienced I’d say your receptors have been minimally affected.  Yes, sometimes symptoms do show up later but given how little you’ve suffered thus far, I’m confident you’re going to be okay.

As far as tapering and taking a small amount, if you’re someone who will be hit with benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome that doesn’t seem to matter.  We have members here who have suffered for years from taking a very small dose for a very short time with a slow taper so my feeling is, you’re not in the same category as most of us here..  I believe you could be the next time if you take the drug in the future. Many of our members were able to stop taking benzo’s easily, until they couldn’t. 

So your saying symptoms could happen out of no where because of my GABA receptors but they probably wont be bad at all compared to the first time i tried getting off because first time i got off way to first. I'm so happy I'm exactly 4 days in now and have fault nothing. Just tired but, I take xoloft 200mg , propranolol 20mg, iron, vitamin c and b, abilify 1mg and amitriptyline 10mg. Is it true peak is at 2 peaks so does that mean I'll have issues when I get to two weeks?

Thank you ❤️

So your saying symptoms could happen out of no where because of my GABA receptors but they probably wont be bad at all compared to the first time i tried getting off because first time i got off way to first. I'm so happy I'm exactly 4 days in now and have fault nothing. Just tired but, I take xoloft 200mg , propranolol 20mg, iron, vitamin c and b, abilify 1mg and amitriptyline 10mg. Is it true peak is at 2 peaks so does that mean I'll have issues when I get to two weeks?

Thank you ❤️

I don’t know anything for sure Tfultz92, none of us do, we’re just giving you our best guess, I hope what I’ve told you is the way it will be.  Keep us posted as the days go by so others who may find themselves in your same situation will have a possible roadmap of what to expect.

Well no one esle has really written but, I am so happy you wrote to me! Thank you for your support! Pass 100 hours and still nothing! What do you think? I'm excited but don't want to be surprised lol 😀