Floxed and short term cold turkey

[jo...]

Floxed 2 years ago. Developed health anxiety and OCD. Was admitted inpatient and given Ativan for 6 weeks. Symptoms blew up and I had to cold turkey myself while in hospital.

Hi joyiscoming  :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you are here.  I am sorry for what happened to you.  Benzos should be tapered slow, stopping abruptly can bring on some severe symptoms.  When was your last dose?  Have the symptoms eased off any ? Withdrawal symptoms are temporary, it will  get better, time is our healer. You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashtons Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body. 

Here are a couple of links to support threads

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Post withdrawal recovery support board

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

If you care to add a signature, members can respond with the best information if they know your medication history.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita