Can anyone relate?

[Ko...]

Hi buddies,

First I would like to think all contributing members as the information here has been most helpful throughout this process. It’s been a while since last posting. I’m not very active here but I do read success stories and look up symptoms here and there. My question is if anyone this far out still has symptoms like I’m experiencing?

About 4 years post withdrawal and I still have a lot of frustrating symptoms: nerve pain the face, legs, hands which is burning, stabbing, throbbing in nature. Tingling throughout body. Chills. Blurry vision, sometimes flashing lights strobe sensation and bright green white static some refer to as visual snow, bending vision when reading as if my eyes are out of sync. Circulation issues. Dry burning skin. Thighs and palms turning somewhat purple in shower. Lips cracking and peeling. Right side pain and numbness. Dizziness and headaches in frontal lobe area and behind eyes. Tinnitus and vertigo. Chest pain, difficulty breathing. Problems laying flat. Fatigue, weakness, Confusion and memory issues.

Every doctor has given me different suggestions of possible causes but for the most part they don’t know what to do but throw different medications at me that don’t help much and I’ve turned down anything that would affect gaba. Now only taking vitamins and eating healthier. Recently seen a neurologist that was the first one to think these issues are medication related. She gave me nurtec for migraines which I’ve tried a few times but only when headaches are bad enough. Plan on asking my doctor for a cardiologist referral to rule out anything like that.

Appreciate anyones input on this.

I am nowhere near that far out (just coming up on 4 months) but everything you've described I have either experienced myself or heard others going through this process recount almost exactly.

Recently a member on the protracted board (Nathan Arizona) asked long time sufferers what their symptoms are, you might want to subscribe to that board to see what others are dealing with.

Pamster, I couldn’t find the post from Nathan Arizona. Could you point me in the right direction?

Feels like I’m in chronic state of dehydration no matter how many electrolyte drinks I consume and my doc flat out told me he doesn’t know what to do for me. Maybe because I went off cold turkey that this ordeal has lasted so long but it’s always on the back of my mind it’s something more serious.

Thanks for the posts guys, I’ll try to stay humble

Loops, it seems like you and I are at about the same in our healing. Please tell me more about your eye issues. That’s really the last remaining sx that bothers me on a daily basis. I still have other things but I tend to not think about them.

Packy, my eye issues are as fallows: poor night vision, visual snow (bright dots throughout vision like static) sometimes I see things warped- especially when reading, blurry vision pretty often but not all the time, and painful constricting behind eyes. Those are the symptoms I still have. My eyes have improved somewhat. During withdrawal there was also blinding stobe lights in my vision, halos around lights, leaning buildings, and tunnel vision. Eye doctor told me it’s a problem with the nerves in the brain not actually the eyes.